port macquarie hospital, NSW

Old Sep 4th 2006, 7:03 pm
its only me..!

bayst is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile port macquarie hospital, NSW

hi 2 all, my second post (first one on the wrong forum, oops !)
Any one know anything about port mac hospital or the town itself, all information welcome.
My wife Debbie is half way through doing her adult nursing diploma and this is perhaps one of the areas we will recce next christmas, unless you know better or suggest other hospital options, i.e. Gosford?, Newcastle?,
Old Sep 4th 2006, 9:35 pm

electricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really niceelectricbaby is just really nice
Default Re: port macquarie hospital, NSW

Originally Posted by bayst
Any one know anything about port mac hospital or the town itself, all information welcome.
My wife Debbie is half way through doing her adult nursing diploma and this is perhaps one of the areas we will recce next christmas, unless you know better or suggest other hospital options, i.e. Gosford?, Newcastle?,
Hi
Sorry don't know anything about port mac, just wanted to say Hi. There are some nurses around Gosford that come on here and I am sure they will reply when they see your thread.
We are going to Toronto NSW and I have a job lined up at Wyong hosp which is part of Gosford hosp so if I can help in any way I will be happy too. We went on a reccie last year ti this area and really loved it!
have you applied for your visa yet?
Old Sep 5th 2006, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Macquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really niceMacquarie is just really nice

I may be a bit biased but we love the Lake Macquarie and Newcastle area. Have been to Port Macquarie on a short break during summer school hols and although it is very nice it was a bit quiet for me. Depends on what you are into I suppose.

Julie
Old Sep 18th 2006, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

SenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really niceSenoraJo is just really nice

HI!

Don't know about Port Maq but I have been working at Gosford Hospital for the last 7 months. As it's a large regional hospital there are plenty of specialities to choose from. I work in the new building which is very modern and I really like it. It has a good atmosphere and plenty of equipment, no need to beg & borrow as in the UK. Staff to patient ratio's also better. Also Wyong, Woy-Woy and Long Jetty Hospitals in this region, though anything acute goes to Gosford. Wyong does have an A&E as well though and a drugs rehab unit. LJ and Woy-Woy C of the E and rehab. All above are Public. There are also quite a few private hospitals, the largest of which is North Gosford private. Maybe check out private Hospitals in Port Maq, though the pay (here anyway) isn't as good, not sure about perks.

Like the hospital but Gosford is the last place I'd want to live...........but has beautiful areas within a half hour, easy, traffic free drive! Do a search for central coast threads for info on these areas.

Haven't heard much that's positive about the John Hunter at Newcastle. Money tight I am led to believe and so most staff on casual contracts only although I have only heard this from nurses that have worked there and have not verified this.

Good luck & if I can help more drop me a PM,

Jo