Please help!! NBWA documents lost in transition

Old Feb 21st 2008, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

janeanddan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Please help!! NBWA documents lost in transition

:curse:

Just having a complete nightmare!! My documents to register with NBWA were sent 10/12/07 via interntional signed for delivery. Checked with Royal Mail and they are in Australia "somewhere" but god knows where! as just had email confirmation from NBWA that they have no record of me. The address in which my items were sent to was NBWA, Locked bag 6, East Perth, 6892. This is the postal address which i got from the website though there was also an office address (Level 1, 165 Adalaide Terrace, East Perth, 6004). Does anyone know if i have sent my documents to the wrong address?

Any help much appreciated

Jane x
Old Feb 21st 2008, 10:28 pm
Forum Regular

cheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Please help!! NBWA documents lost in transition

Originally Posted by janeanddan

Just having a complete nightmare!! My documents to register with NBWA were sent 10/12/07 via interntional signed for delivery. Checked with Royal Mail and they are in Australia "somewhere" but god knows where! as just had email confirmation from NBWA that they have no record of me. The address in which my items were sent to was NBWA, Locked bag 6, East Perth, 6892. This is the postal address which i got from the website though there was also an office address (Level 1, 165 Adalaide Terrace, East Perth, 6004). Does anyone know if i have sent my documents to the wrong address?

Jane x
Oh Jane, what a nightmare! When I sent documents to NBWA I always scanned them and sent them by email to be sure that they arrived in some format. Did you keep a photocopy of what you sent?
Looking at the website you did send them to the right address.
You are at the mercy of the postal service in any country
I would start to gather the information again and hope that things turn up in the interim. Nothing is straight forward in the process. Been here 6 months now and its still a steep learning curve.
CM
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:14 pm
Just Joined

Hi CM, thanks for reply! Yeah i made copies of everything ...apart from the actual application form! Have got a claims form from post office to fill in to see if it can be traced. Just so frustrating, especially since i'm going to have to pay for the NMC to verify my registration again! Where are you working in Australia? I have a job interview for Fremantle Hospital on Wed. Ahh! Also been offered interviews for St John of God in Murdoch & Subiaco. Don't suppose you know anything about these places? or have any interview advice?

Jane
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 9:46 pm
Just Joined

suzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jane
I don't think it is unusual for things to go missing when sent to the NBWA. All my documents were sent from the ANMC following my skills assessment for the visa and half of them went missing. When I rang ANMC to say had they sent all the file they told me that NBWA were always losing documents!!!
Anyway good luck with your interview. We arrive in Perth in two weeks and I will be starting at Bentley Hospital shortly after.
Suzanne.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 6:57 am
Forum Regular

cheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant future

Hi CM, thanks for reply! Yeah i made copies of everything ...apart from the actual application form! Have got a claims form from post office to fill in to see if it can be traced. Just so frustrating, especially since i'm going to have to pay for the NMC to verify my registration again! Where are you working in Australia? I have a job interview for Fremantle Hospital on Wed. Ahh! Also been offered interviews for St John of God in Murdoch & Subiaco. Don't suppose you know anything about these places? or have any interview advice?

Jane
Hi Jane,
If you explain to NMC that your application got lost in the post then maybe they could show some kindness and send a duplicate free gratis. Its worth the asking.
I'm working in Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital in Perth and commuting from a lovely beachside suburb called Secret Harbour. I'm sure that every hospital will have its positives and negatives but suffice to say there are plenty to choose from. Charlies have been brilliant so far.
If its a telephone interview then dont worry about this. They will generally chat though some background about the hospital /department and then may ask you some competency based questions. My interview was with a nurse manager who spoke about the ward, the shifts and other staff that had been recruited from the UK, by the end of the chat (7 mins in total) she offered the job pending references. No clinical questions at all, maybe because I have been registered since 1991.
Try not to worry about it, it will all be fine Good luck
CM
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

rachel118 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, i sent my docs via royal mail to east perth locked bag - according to the tracking system they were sent to india!!!!! just as i paid for a second set of docs to be certified, and 2-3 emails to the nursing board prior to sending second set off the originals arrived! however, the time for replies from the nursing board was very slow.
they may arrive late - it would probably be worth emailing the nursing board to confirm non delivery again prior to sending another set. i was in contact with [email protected].
good luck
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:25 am
Just Joined

the harrys is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
We also sent NBWA application to the 'locked bag 6' address, so hope this is ok. My OH emailed the board last week as we hadn't heard anything,and they repiled to say there s quite a backlog at the mo.
As the NMC verification goes directly to the nursing board, you shouldn't have to pay again, as it should arrive at the NBWA as usual. Try emailing them so they are aware and don't chuck your NMC bits in the bin, as one of the NMC people told me can happen if the application form is not there first. Not sure if he was just being dramatic as this is a tense wait!
Fingers crossed the backlog is soon sorted, and your application arrives tout suite!
Helen x
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 3:01 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Jane x
"Locked bag" is like a PO box so they have gone to the right address.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 8:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Jane x

Hi Jane,
Now I'm not 100% sure about this so somebody might correct me here but a few weeks ago I had to send some documents to Australia and I too used Royal Mail International Signed for. Now as SME says Lock Bag 6 is like a PO Box. So if I remember rightly you can't send it to this address if the document needs to be signed for - just like you can't send a recorded delivery letter to a PO Box. They normally give a courier address for thing that need signing for so I think it should be the office address you needed to post it to.

Mark
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the replys. Feel a bit better knowing i'm not the only person that this has happened to. I have emailed NBWA to ask which address documents should be sent to and await their reply. In the mean time i'm getting all my documents together again. Luckily my friend who is a solicitor certified my documents for free so will have to hope she doesn't mind doing the same again! Will also have to see if i can sweet talk NMC. I was also told by NMC that NBWA throw away verification from NMC if that it received before your application. I reckon they must have a little money making scheme going on between NMC, Royal Mail and NBWA! lol!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

OMG!! Would you believe it? Just got an email from NBWA to say that after further checking they can confirm that they HAVE received my application after all and apologise for any inconvenience caused. Sooo glad they have it and don't have to start over again!! I've got an interview tomorrow at 7am for ward B7N (urology, colorectal, plastics & ENT) at Fremantle hospital. Really nervous!!! Any advice?? At least i can say that i have applied for NBWA registration now though!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 6:09 pm
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice

so pleased that your docs have been located, you must be over the moon, good luck with interview
xx
suzie