Planning ahead

Old Feb 29th 2008, 6:21 pm
Just Joined

AliandAli is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Planning ahead

Hi all,
We (well mainly the internet monkey Mr Ali) have been trawling through the various forums and have found a wealth of advice and information. This has helped us come up with a rough idea of an "order of works" as it were. We're sure it's by no means comprehensive and not even sure if it's correct which is why we're posting it on here so that the more experienced of you can point out the flaws in our plan and hopefully this in turn may help some others.

Unfortunately my job requires me to give a years notice which I will be doing so at the start of April. The pretty one is nearing the end of her course and will qualify as a Mental Health Nurse in October (well she better!!! )

Anyway we've been talking about it for ages and have decided to take the plunge and apply. As it seems to be fraught with pitfalls we've kinda come up with a plan ........

1 Mrs Ali to qualify
2 Get registration info from NMC (is this the same as verification??)
3 Get an offer of a job
4 Register with NBSA (We plan to settle in Adelaide)
5 Register with ANMC (Can this be done at same time as registering NBSA ????)
6 Take skills assessment
7 Apply for Police check (May frontload this when outcome of new check vs old is clarified)
8 Get Health checks (Is there an official list of Dr's who can say we're OK ???)
9 Get all docs listed at immi.gov notarised
10 Send of completed 457
11 Wait for the outcome

We think steps 4 and 5 can take up to 3 months ....Is this true?

With 13 months to go you may think we're a bit mad to be planning so early but it keeps us warm thinking about it during this rubbish weather.
All advice gratefully received

Cheers

Ali n Ali