Perth: Mental Health Nursing

Old Mar 12th 2008, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

Sharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the rough
Default Perth: Mental Health Nursing

Hi Everyone,
I'm a UK trained Registered Mental Health moving to Perth in Sept 08.
Just wondering if anyone knew what the job situation was like north of the river ? We'll be living in the far northern suburbs. Ideally I'd like to work part-time til we get settled in.
Anyone know if theres much demand for RMN's or where is a good place to work ?
Cheers,
S.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all
Default Re: Perth: Mental Health Nursing

Originally Posted by Sharie
Hi Everyone,
I'm a UK trained Registered Mental Health moving to Perth in Sept 08.
Just wondering if anyone knew what the job situation was like north of the river ? We'll be living in the far northern suburbs. Ideally I'd like to work part-time til we get settled in.
Anyone know if theres much demand for RMN's or where is a good place to work ?
Cheers,
S.
There would be plenty of work out there for RMN's, I work in Fremantle. However, im not sure about north off the river. The main psyche hospitals are Bently, Armadale and Fremantle, which are all south of the river. There is another in the Swan valley, which is north east of the city.

Sorry not much help!!

Adrian
Old Mar 12th 2008, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

Sharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the roughSharie is a jewel in the rough

Hi Adrian,
Thanks for this. I've heard Freo is a good workplace.
Cheers,
Sharie.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 6:32 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sharie
Hi Adrian,
Thanks for this. I've heard Freo is a good workplace.
Cheers,
Sharie.
There is a largish psych facility at Joondalup and community services based at Clarkson and Joondalup. Greylands (near the city) - large institution - easy to get to from far Northern burbs esp. at shift times.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 4:21 pm
JRB
Forum Regular

JRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to beholdJRB is a splendid one to behold

Hi I am an ex RMN who used to work for WANA (in the office) and there was plenty of work for RMN's. Mainly jobs specialling people in the hospitals or at Freo. I think Greylands used to use their own bank staff. May be worth joining WANA or another agency then you can check out which places you like. Plenty of work out there