Nursing in WA

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:55 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Post Nursing in WA

I know this has probably been answered before, if so can you redirect me to the appropriate thread?
I have been offered a sponsorship at the Royal Perth Hospital, but I am currently awaiting my 136 Permenent visa to be granted, only just sent it in.
So I was going to go on a sposored and continue with the 136...going off track anyway...I have an interest in community nursing and have contacted Silverchain and they requested my CV and Refs.
So I am just asking here if anyone has experience with either of these routes and which do you think would best suit me and my family.
We are staying with rels for a while in Secret Harbour and then who knows where we will end up, but we hope to live around Rockingham area.
What uniform do you wear in the public hospitals? What skills are expected? How are the shifts? Pay? Mat benefit? Holiday pay? I could go on....just want a general idea really how different is it to UK nursing?
Thanks to anyone who replies.......Hope to meet with some of you soon ish
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 10:34 am

Issie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond reputeIssie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing in WA

Originally Posted by Rachie241
I know this has probably been answered before, if so can you redirect me to the appropriate thread?
I have been offered a sponsorship at the Royal Perth Hospital, but I am currently awaiting my 136 Permenent visa to be granted, only just sent it in.
So I was going to go on a sposored and continue with the 136...going off track anyway...I have an interest in community nursing and have contacted Silverchain and they requested my CV and Refs.
So I am just asking here if anyone has experience with either of these routes and which do you think would best suit me and my family.
We are staying with rels for a while in Secret Harbour and then who knows where we will end up, but we hope to live around Rockingham area.
What uniform do you wear in the public hospitals? What skills are expected? How are the shifts? Pay? Mat benefit? Holiday pay? I could go on....just want a general idea really how different is it to UK nursing?
Can you still go for a sponsorship visa and then continue with your 136 too ?? just check before you go ahead Rachie

I am going to Visit the Royal Perth when i am over in Febraury ...hoping to work in the Dialysis unit ..
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Rachie241
If you have already sent for your 136 visa then you would be mad to go on a sponsorship visa, your best off hanging fire till it's granted then you are free to work were you want. The RPH will still employ you but if you dont like it you can leave. I came on PR and am working in a private hospital in Perth at the min but am changing to the RPH in the next 2 weeks. I'm only really changing cause a job came up in my area of nursing at the RPH so I applied and got the job without even having an interview!!!
I have found Nursing is pretty similar to the U.K. Some drugs have different names but you soon get used to them. I have found the wages more or less the same. Although the basis is less then the U.K my tax works out at under 25% whereas it was 30% in the U.K. This along with salary packaging and supper being paid for you balances out the salary. You get paid fortnightly as well which is good. Shifts are the same as U.K. Holidays 7 weeks, sick pay 10 days I think, but sorry dont know anything about Silverchain other that they always seem to be advertising for staff. Feel free to ask anything else you think off, I'll help if I can.
Tracie
Old Feb 14th 2007, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold

I am also trying to gather information for community nursing. It seems it hardly exists in Australia!!
I am a senior practice nurse/band 6, loads of chronic disease experience as well as the routine 'stuff'.
My family and I (two sons 3 and 8) and my partner are applying on a 136 skilled. In the process of skills assessment, seems the hardest bit. Just waiting for letter of determination before sending app of to DIMA.
If I find anymore out will let you know..
It seems a good place to look is local papers in Australia advertising jobs. Can get these on line.
We are looking at the same areas as you!!
Caroline