Is everyone insured?

Old Feb 11th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Is everyone insured?

Just a query as to whether everyone is insured who works in hospitals? I only ask as our hospital has this "good samaritan" policy which covers you if something goes wrong but I wondered what everyone else does.
Old Feb 13th 2007, 8:19 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is everyone insured?

Originally Posted by hedgehog-girl
Just a query as to whether everyone is insured who works in hospitals? I only ask as our hospital has this "good samaritan" policy which covers you if something goes wrong but I wondered what everyone else does.
Join the ANF
Old Feb 13th 2007, 5:03 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in the Queensland nurses union, which gives some cover plus the normal hospitals own cover.
Old Feb 14th 2007, 10:05 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

for some reason (and some who know me will not be surprised by this, lol), i am a bit paranoid about insurance, i can worry about work alot, i am a member of rcn, and also have insurance policy with natn , but i know it is (well here anyway), more likely the hospital is sued than the individual
Old Feb 15th 2007, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Margaret3
for some reason (and some who know me will not be surprised by this, lol), i am a bit paranoid about insurance, i can worry about work alot, i am a member of rcn, and also have insurance policy with natn , but i know it is (well here anyway), more likely the hospital is sued than the individual
You can keep your RCN up but in case of dispute they will only advise you over phone for some reason say they won't come to Aus to sort it out.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

Margaret3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annqldau
You can keep your RCN up but in case of dispute they will only advise you over phone for some reason say they won't come to Aus to sort it out.

I thought this was just a general insurance question, not specific to aus.
I intend to join the ANF once in oz (and if the have a theatre nurses equivalant to natn, i will probaly joing that as well), but while in the UK , i think i'll stick with RCN, coz for some reason if there was a dispute i dont think ANF would come to the UK to sort it out

Last edited by Margaret3; Feb 15th 2007 at 5:56 pm.
Old Feb 15th 2007, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret3
I thought this was just a general insurance question, not specific to aus.
I intend to join the ANF once in oz (and if the have a theatre nurses equivalant to natn, i will probaly joing that as well), but while in the UK , i think i'll stick with RCN, coz for some reason if there was a dispute i dont think ANF would come to the UK to sort it out
Never said it wasn't just said you can keep your RCN up in Aus everybody may not know they do get some level of assistance here as well even if your phone bill will be through the roof.