Nursing Reg in NSW

Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

brucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nice
Default Nursing Reg in NSW

Guys has anyone else, who is living in the UK applied for their nursing registration in NSW?

Wife applied for hers in Oct and has just been informed that it is ready. Only they say that for her recieve it they need to see her original passport and marriage certificate. Both these items were originally copied and certified by a solicitor and sent, with her original application. Wife cant personally go in because she is obviously still living in the UK and there is no way she is prepared to send the original documents.

Her OZ employer cant apply for the 457 Visa, unless she can produce the registration number and NSW NB wont give her the reg number until she produces the original documents.

Anyone else had or experiencing the same problem. What have you done to resolve this problem and get your hands on the document.

Anyone??
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:37 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nursing Reg in NSW

Originally Posted by brucekaren
Guys has anyone else, who is living in the UK applied for their nursing registration in NSW?

Wife applied for hers in Oct and has just been informed that it is ready. Only they say that for her recieve it they need to see her original passport and marriage certificate. Both these items were originally copied and certified by a solicitor and sent, with her original application. Wife cant personally go in because she is obviously still living in the UK and there is no way she is prepared to send the original documents.

Her OZ employer cant apply for the 457 Visa, unless she can produce the registration number and NSW NB wont give her the reg number until she produces the original documents.

Anyone else had or experiencing the same problem. What have you done to resolve this problem and get your hands on the document.

Anyone??
Very strange.
I didn't have this with NBV.
I'll move this to the nursing forum as you'll get more replies
Old Feb 21st 2008, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

brucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nicebrucekaren is just really nice

Originally Posted by Kapri
Very strange.
I didn't have this with NBV.
I'll move this to the nursing forum as you'll get more replies
Thank you!!

I just dont understand how NSW NB can expect someone to send their original documents to the other side of the world, especially when they already have correctly certified copies of the same documents. OH is even considering flying to Sydney personally and visiting the NB offices in an attempt to get this sorted asap.

Surely other overseas applicants dont have to go through the same process.......??
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 3:07 pm
Happy migrant

Kapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond reputeKapri has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked online to see if she's on the register?
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kapri
Have you checked online to see if she's on the register?

Have looked. They wont add her until she can provide the original documentation they requested. OH cant be the only overseas applicant.

Has anyone else received their NSW nursing reg, without this hassle? What did you have to do to get it??

Just seems really daft process, expecially when they are screaming out for nurses across OZ and the OH and family are eager to get out there.
Old Feb 23rd 2008, 10:04 am
Happy migrant

Have you tried speaking to a different person at the board?

I find this really odd - nobody from the U.K sends original docs. You have them certified by a solicitor then send the certified copies.
that's what I did with NBV and that's what everyone else does as far as I know.

It would be worth phoning them again I think.
Old Feb 25th 2008, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice

Anyone??
hi

I applied last year.... sent of all my documents and got a letter back from them saying that i was eligible for registration once i produced certain original documents... by hand into their Sydney office... contacted them to enquire about this, and they informed me that they no longer register overseas nurses by post.... you have to physically go in and hand over the stuff....
bloody stupid if you ask me !!!!!!
Old Feb 25th 2008, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nurse32
hi

I applied last year.... sent of all my documents and got a letter back from them saying that i was eligible for registration once i produced certain original documents... by hand into their Sydney office... contacted them to enquire about this, and they informed me that they no longer register overseas nurses by post.... you have to physically go in and hand over the stuff....
bloody stupid if you ask me !!!!!!

Thanks for the reply.

NSW seem to be to only board that operate this way.

Have you got your registration any other way? If so, how, where and how long did it take?

OH will have to apply through another state, which is even more delays in getting to OZ. Little wonder they have a nursing shortage. :curse:
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

vlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the roughvlooi is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the reply.

NSW seem to be to only board that operate this way.

Have you got your registration any other way? If so, how, where and how long did it take?

OH will have to apply through another state, which is even more delays in getting to OZ. Little wonder they have a nursing shortage. :curse:
Sorry to hear about your hick-up!

I registered with NBSA (South Australia) and found them quick and competent. You dont even need certified copies of your documents, so that saves you a lot of energy and a few £. I will recommend them-got my registration in less than a month. Other members on threads in this forum has mentioned that Victoria is taking ages at this stage and seem to be in a chaotic state, so will not recommend.If I remember correctly Queensland was also taking quite long. Dont know about NBWA.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by vlooi
Sorry to hear about your hick-up!

I registered with NBSA (South Australia) and found them quick and competent. You dont even need certified copies of your documents, so that saves you a lot of energy and a few £. I will recommend them-got my registration in less than a month. Other members on threads in this forum has mentioned that Victoria is taking ages at this stage and seem to be in a chaotic state, so will not recommend.If I remember correctly Queensland was also taking quite long. Dont know about NBWA.
I would assume everyone applying from overseas will be avoiding NSW and going through the other states. So that will create a backlog of applications. My wife was advised by her hospital in Queensaland to apply through NSW and they never even knew that they wont send out successful registration applications to the overseas nurses they are hoping to employ. The first my wifes nursing manager knew of this was when my OH told her on Sunday night.

The daftest thing about NSW. They accepted the application and fee, without even mentioning before hand that you would have to appear in person to collect it. How many other overseas nurses have been caught out with this??

Last edited by brucekaren; Feb 26th 2008 at 12:31 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2008, 4:13 pm
Happy migrant

It's a wonder they get any overseas nurses in NSW then
What a pain in the wotsit.

Last edited by Kapri; Feb 26th 2008 at 4:16 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Dawn Romaine is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i am just in process of registering for my job in NSW. I was advised to register with South Australia as it was the quickest and also cheapest. Then when registered with them transfer it to NSW. So far all going well. It would appear NSW is a little difficult to use direct
Dawn
Old Feb 29th 2008, 7:28 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dawn Romaine
Hi, i am just in process of registering for my job in NSW. I was advised to register with South Australia as it was the quickest and also cheapest. Then when registered with them transfer it to NSW. So far all going well. It would appear NSW is a little difficult to use direct
Dawn
If you already have SA registration then you may as well leave NSW registration until you get there and then pop into the office in Sydney and register over the counter.

G