nursing in canada

Old Oct 22nd 2004, 10:17 am
BE Enthusiast

jugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud ofjugsy has much to be proud of
Default nursing in canada

Hi I am a mental health nurse with 5 years post qual. experience. I did project 2000 so the 1st 18 months of my training included maternity (1 month) , paeds (1 month), adult(1 month) and elderly (1 month). The 2nd 18 months was all psych. I currently have a diploma not a degree but I am looking into doing my degree shortly. Does anyone know if I would be eligible to work in Canada? Any help greatly appreciated.
Old Oct 22nd 2004, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

buzz56 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: nursing in canada

Originally Posted by jugsy
Hi I am a mental health nurse with 5 years post qual. experience. I did project 2000 so the 1st 18 months of my training included maternity (1 month) , paeds (1 month), adult(1 month) and elderly (1 month). The 2nd 18 months was all psych. I currently have a diploma not a degree but I am looking into doing my degree shortly. Does anyone know if I would be eligible to work in Canada? Any help greatly appreciated.

As I understand it you will be eligible in some provinces with a diploma, but not all. For instance you will need a degree in Ontario from the end of 2004. I assume all the provinces will eventually only allow entry to graduates. So it would be advisable to get the degree.