are nurses not being fast tracked

Old Sep 22nd 2004, 11:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Wink are nurses not being fast tracked

:be can any ione tell me if we nurses are being fast tracked sent off visa application sub class 136 and aspc got it on 20th sept would it still be worth while applying for temp visa in the meantime until pr status granted (hopefully) your help in any way is appreciated thanks
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:49 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: are nurses not being fast tracked

Originally Posted by ireland
:be can any ione tell me if we nurses are being fast tracked sent off visa application sub class 136 and aspc got it on 20th sept would it still be worth while applying for temp visa in the meantime until pr status granted (hopefully) your help in any way is appreciated thanks
Nurses should still be given priority. You should be patient.

Jeremy
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:04 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Nurses should still be given priority. You should be patient.

Jeremy
Thank you for your reply you are so right patience is the name of the game I just wanted some info from more experienced folk who have gone or are going down the same path as myself dont want to make major mistakes as the children are almost packed to go with or without me (its hard to explain red tape to a 5 and 6 year old )thanks again for your reply
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:51 pm
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

Our visa took three and a half months. Very quick from when they gave us a case number.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Unhappy Re: are nurses not being fast tracked

Originally Posted by kentcoast
Our visa took three and a half months. Very quick from when they gave us a case number.
many thanks for your reply it is greatly appreciated
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:22 am
Forum Regular

Stef :) is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: are nurses not being fast tracked

Its worth looking at Timeline to get an idea of processing times for nurse applications. I am a pre July applicant and would say that nurses have not been fast tracked, but newer applicants might be.
I have just secured a job though and hopefully this will help my application (four months and waiting).
Good luck with yours
Stef
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold
Talking Re: are nurses not being fast tracked

I have just secured a job though and hopefully this will help my application (four months and waiting).
Good luck with yours
Stef[/QUOTE]

Good news Stef ! How did you manage that one ?
Tass.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Tass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to beholdTass is a splendid one to behold

Depends who you ask .
Pre-July are not , they are being processed the same time as all other MODL applications . (we're still waiting like stef)
You being post-July probably will though , there has been a couple of post July nurses got it in 2 months.
So " all the best",
You should hear something soon,
Tass.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 10:50 am
We arrived november 2004

kentcoast is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for my visa in march this year and got it in july.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: are nurses not being fast tracked

Originally Posted by kentcoast
I applied for my visa in march this year and got it in july.
Good for you. You sensibly got in before the April rush and the change to processing all MODL applications the same AND the 1st of July.
Were you sponsered ? State nominated ? Skilled independant?
Majority of Pre-July nurses are now having to wait the full 4-6 months to be processed and in some cases wait 6 months in a dusty pile and have not moved ! You can't base opinions on one case - check the timeline.
But, hey thanks for that anyway !
Best wishes ,
Tass.
Old Sep 24th 2004, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Red face Re: are nurses not being fast tracked

Originally Posted by Stef :)
Its worth looking at Timeline to get an idea of processing times for nurse applications. I am a pre July applicant and would say that nurses have not been fast tracked, but newer applicants might be.
Good luck with yours
Stef
Thanks for the reply and all the best to you also its quite nerve racking this moving to oz but just came off duty had a rubbish shift consultant in not a very good mood roll on sydney
Old Sep 24th 2004, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tass
Depends who you ask .
Pre-July are not , they are being processed the same time as all other MODL applications . (we're still waiting like stef)
You being post-July probably will though , there has been a couple of post July nurses got it in 2 months.
So " all the best",
You should hear something soon,
Tass.
cheers Tass who knows maybe its a lucky dip with the visas hope you hear soon im depending on the luck of the irish with mine see ya
Old Sep 25th 2004, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

rumbletum will become famous soon enough

Sent my application off similar time last year (aspc got it 22nd Sept 03) and we had our yellow envelope arrive on 16th Oct to say visas granted. So maybe we were extremely lucky but I think nurses are most definately fast tracked. It is out of your hands now, you can relax a little now as there is no more you can do .... until visa granted and then, phew, you wont know what hit you
Old Sep 25th 2004, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rumbletum
Sent my application off similar time last year (aspc got it 22nd Sept 03) and we had our yellow envelope arrive on 16th Oct to say visas granted. So maybe we were extremely lucky but I think nurses are most definately fast tracked. It is out of your hands now, you can relax a little now as there is no more you can do .... until visa granted and then, phew, you wont know what hit you
Thanks for the info you are so right we wont know what has hit us if this visa is granted is sydney as good as we hope it to be where is north curl curl? we are hoping to go to Eastern suburbs if and we when we are accepted