as a nurse are you better off........

Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:23 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute
Default as a nurse are you better off........

applying independantly on a 136, or using an agency (the ones that sort out a job/house etc) to get your visa?

my S-I-L is a nurse, reasonably high up from what i can gather (sorry dont know the grade). they are the last remaining relative should our parents obtain their contributory parent visa. they wont come until parents have said CPV is their mitts!!

she is however in the process of approaching an agent. i would have thought she is better off doing it independantly, rather than being tied. what are your opinions please?

i will also post this in the immigration forum.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:32 am
BE Forum Addict

breezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to beholdbreezeboylan is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: as a nurse are you better off........

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
applying independantly on a 136, or using an agency (the ones that sort out a job/house etc) to get your visa?

my S-I-L is a nurse, reasonably high up from what i can gather (sorry dont know the grade). they are the last remaining relative should our parents obtain their contributory parent visa. they wont come until parents have said CPV is their mitts!!

she is however in the process of approaching an agent. i would have thought she is better off doing it independantly, rather than being tied. what are your opinions please?

i will also post this in the immigration forum.
I would say 136 definitely. There are lots of horror stories from nurse's who have come with agencies/sponsorship. with the 136 visa she would be free to do anything she wants once she gets here. there is lots of work here for nurses so she will have no problem.
Tracie
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:42 am
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

Well, its different strokes for different folks, but i cant see the point in applying for anything but 136PR. She has obvoiusly been qualified for 12months, and the 136 will give her the freedom of movement in the jobs market and rights (to healthcare, property buying etc) enjoyed by an Australian citizen. An agency will want her to work on a 457 (temp) visa. Very restrictive. Plenty of posts on this forum saying the 457 has worked for them, plenty who have come unstuck. 457 is an option for those who are prepared to risk it to get out to Oz asap and haven't got the necessary experience to apply for a 136PR visa (no offence 457ers!!)

In my (humble) opinion, your relative would be doing herself an injustice going out on a 457 if she has attained a senior position in the UK. 136 all the way!

Ade S
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 9:59 am
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

I'd agree, 136 would be the best route if she meets the criteria which it sounds like she does.

Jackie
Old Jan 24th 2007, 11:39 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Would agree a 136 skilled independent visa would be best, but depends what the nurse wants really.
Old Jan 24th 2007, 7:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

Originally Posted by Rachie241
Would agree a 136 skilled independent visa would be best, but depends what the nurse wants really.
I agree, I came on a 457 and had no problems whatsoever, I wanted to get here quickly and also, I didn't want to spend lots of money on something that when I got here I would not like so it was great for me. A year down the line, I reapplied for a 136 and got it. This was the best option for me and I would not have changed it for any other way.
Old Jan 26th 2007, 6:01 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Come out on a 136 ( and apply yourself rather than with an agency if you've done all your research into forms etc )
I went out on a sponsored visa in 2002 and hated the job but I was locked into it otherwise I'd have to pay cash back to them.
You don't want to be tied into a job just because they help you with a few weeks accomodation initially - it's just not worth it.
But rightly, the sponsored visa options work for some folks. Just not this one.

*pearly*
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:45 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adiestubbs
Well, its different strokes for different folks, but i cant see the point in applying for anything but 136PR. She has obvoiusly been qualified for 12months, and the 136 will give her the freedom of movement in the jobs market and rights (to healthcare, property buying etc) enjoyed by an Australian citizen. An agency will want her to work on a 457 (temp) visa. Very restrictive. Plenty of posts on this forum saying the 457 has worked for them, plenty who have come unstuck. 457 is an option for those who are prepared to risk it to get out to Oz asap and haven't got the necessary experience to apply for a 136PR visa (no offence 457ers!!)

In my (humble) opinion, your relative would be doing herself an injustice going out on a 457 if she has attained a senior position in the UK. 136 all the way!

Ade S
well she a sister (s grade), and been doing nursing as far back as i can remember. so, it looks like it will be a 136 visa then. will she have to start back at the bottom again, or is it equivelant grades over in australia (she knows she will have to the basic training for each 'trust', like she has to do in the uk).
Old Jan 26th 2007, 9:53 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
well she a sister (s grade), and been doing nursing as far back as i can remember. so, it looks like it will be a 136 visa then. will she have to start back at the bottom again, or is it equivelant grades over in australia (she knows she will have to the basic training for each 'trust', like she has to do in the uk).
She should not have to start at the bottom, as far as i can tell if she has been working full-time all her years should be taken into account but for instance ten years of part-time hours will only count for say five years experience.

Nurses are in such demand they should not have use an agency, she could easily contact hospitals directly and get sponsorship or if she's happy to wait a bit longer then apply for the 136 independent visa.

Last edited by wannabauzzienurse; Jan 26th 2007 at 9:56 pm.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 1:01 am
Yorkshire Lass

meljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond reputemeljor has a reputation beyond repute

Nurses over here are paid according to qualifications and years of experience up to 9 years and type of job applying for. So I have a diploma and have 4 years experience and work as a general bank nurse so I am a grade 2 year 4 nurse. The Australian Nursing Federation will tell you it's a different website for each state because each state has it's own payscale, for Victoria it's www.anfvic.asn.au this might provide a link to the other state sites. The state registration body might also have payscales for public not sure about private.
Old Jan 27th 2007, 8:52 am
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Meljor,

I tried the link you gave and you need to be a member to access the pay rates.
Would you happen to know what the annual salary is for a Div 1, year 10 nurse?
Any help much appreciated.

*pearly*