nurse visa, payment and skills assessments questions!

Old Sep 22nd 2006, 11:46 am
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all
Default nurse visa, payment and skills assessments questions!

Would like for somebody to confirm something for me please. Have been on the dimia website and decided to go for a 136 visa as not going down the sponsorship route.

Am not sure about the payments though. It says $1990 (£788) for the first instalment and $2765 (£1095) for the second. When exactly do you have to pay these?

Also, am waiting for an academic transcript from the uni where I did my training and without it I can't apply for a skills assessment with the QNC. Can I send off for the visa without this ? Don't want them to send it me back!!
Thanks guys
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 1:21 pm
Ok this isn't so bad

Stitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond reputeStitch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nurse visa, payment and skills assessments questions!

Originally Posted by mooncat
Would like for somebody to confirm something for me please. Have been on the dimia website and decided to go for a 136 visa as not going down the sponsorship route.

Am not sure about the payments though. It says $1990 (£788) for the first instalment and $2765 (£1095) for the second. When exactly do you have to pay these?

Also, am waiting for an academic transcript from the uni where I did my training and without it I can't apply for a skills assessment with the QNC. Can I send off for the visa without this ? Don't want them to send it me back!!
Thanks guys
The second instalment is only if English isn't your first langauge you don,t need to pay this. You need to apply to the A N M C to have your skills assessed. The QNC is the state body that registers you once your looking to work in the state. Avoid the sponsorship route as this ties you in to a two year contract and their desperate for nurses here you won't have any trouble finding work. We went through the process a few years ago and if you do the paperwork properly it's a very straight forward procedure, they were fast tracking nurse applications when we applied don't know if the still are. Hope this helps.
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 2:42 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Hi Mooncat you know you need at least 12 months post reg experience before you can apply for 136 don't you? I don't want to see you lose your money by applying too early
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:33 pm
Account Closed

conat is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks guys
What we did:

Register to practice with Oz nursing body, QNC in your case.

Once registration received by you, apply to ANMC to have your skills assessed, if successful, you will receive a letter of determination from ANMC, you have to put this in with your Visa application.

You cant apply for a visa without a successful skills assessment enclosed.

All of the forms can be found on their websites.

Pm me if you need any more help

Good luck
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
Hi Mooncat you know you need at least 12 months post reg experience before you can apply for 136 don't you? I don't want to see you lose your money by applying too early

No I didn't know that!! It said you need 120 points and I have 120 without touching on the subject of work experience..60 for skill, 25 for age, 20 for speaking english, 15 for job offer/job in demand. Is the 12 months experience in addition to the points then?
Old Sep 22nd 2006, 4:29 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

No I didn't know that!! It said you need 120 points and I have 120 without touching on the subject of work experience..60 for skill, 25 for age, 20 for speaking english, 15 for job offer/job in demand. Is the 12 months experience in addition to the points then?
I'm afraid so, download booklet 6 from the immi.gov web site, it's on page 8 part of the basic requirement of recent work experience...you must have worked 12 out of the last 18 months in your nominated occupation.
I'm not even qualified yet so rather than wait ages to apply for 136 we're going on a sponsorship visa

Last edited by wannabauzzienurse; Sep 22nd 2006 at 4:31 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2006, 4:45 pm
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

A 134 Visa could be what you require but you need 6 months post reg experience to apply - and its a cheaper visa option with no upfront payment. A 137 visa you need 12 months experience.

I will be 6 months post qualified on Oct 3rd and have sorted all my documents out over the last 6 months for that very day when I will send off my main visa application (YIPPEE!) - theres not a day to loose for me!

Love Diane
Old Sep 27th 2006, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Diane,

Thanks and good luck to you. Am I right in thinking that this does not apply to QLD? Or am I getting mixed up with something else? I have posted a general info request on the Immigration forum hoping some kind (expert ie migration agent) soul can clarify the whole visa thing!
Fingers crossed. x

Originally Posted by Dianej
A 134 Visa could be what you require but you need 6 months post reg experience to apply - and its a cheaper visa option with no upfront payment. A 137 visa you need 12 months experience.

I will be 6 months post qualified on Oct 3rd and have sorted all my documents out over the last 6 months for that very day when I will send off my main visa application (YIPPEE!) - theres not a day to loose for me!

Love Diane
Old Sep 28th 2006, 2:05 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Diane,

Thanks and good luck to you. Am I right in thinking that this does not apply to QLD?

Unless things have changed recently, QLD don't sponsor for 134, sorry. You'll need to look at one of the states that do sponsor for 134 and see if nurse is on their shortage lists (it is in most cases).

You can choose from: Vic, Tas, WA, SA, NSW and ACT.

However if you really want to go to Queensland there's still a way if you're ok to live away from Brisbane. Find an employer to sponsor you for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) and you'll have a permanent visa from Day 1. RSMS does not have a work experience requirement, no points test either. Recommended to download and read booklet 5.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 7:38 am
Im here!!!!!!

Dianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud ofDianej has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JAJ
Unless things have changed recently, QLD don't sponsor for 134, sorry. You'll need to look at one of the states that do sponsor for 134 and see if nurse is on their shortage lists (it is in most cases).

You can choose from: Vic, Tas, WA, SA, NSW and ACT.

However if you really want to go to Queensland there's still a way if you're ok to live away from Brisbane. Find an employer to sponsor you for the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) and you'll have a permanent visa from Day 1. RSMS does not have a work experience requirement, no points test either. Recommended to download and read booklet 5.
You can still go on a 134 if you get sponsored by an employer. You dont need to get sponsored on an STNI. 134 is just Skill Matching Visa.

Diane.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

You can still go on a 134 if you get sponsored by an employer. You dont need to get sponsored on an STNI. 134 is just Skill Matching Visa.

Diane.
Personally, I would wait and get the 12 months experience. I did that and I am soooo glad that I did. It just gives you that bit more confidence in starting in a new country. Australian hospitals do things slightly differently and its good to get basic experience under your belt so that you can not only cope with being a newly qualified nurse but, also the move. The move will take a lot out of you without you trying to learn just your basic stuff.

At least if you can get a job where you are, you know the systems and the hospitals and you can just get on with gaining management/personal confidence skills and then take on learning new stuff from when you move to Oz.
Old Sep 28th 2006, 11:01 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

You can still go on a 134 if you get sponsored by an employer.
Only states and territories can sponsor for 134, not employers.

Employers sponsor for different visas.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:50 am
Im here!!!!!!

Originally Posted by JAJ
Only states and territories can sponsor for 134, not employers.

Employers sponsor for different visas.
I really hate to argue , but this is from DIMA Booklet 6;

The applicant is required to submit payment (skills matching fee) thereafter his/her details are placed in the skills matching database. An employer or a State or Territory Government may then nominate the applicant for a visa.

Diane.
Old Sep 29th 2006, 7:11 pm
JAJ
Retired

I really hate to argue , but this is from DIMA Booklet 6;

The applicant is required to submit payment (skills matching fee) thereafter his/her details are placed in the skills matching database. An employer or a State or Territory Government may then nominate the applicant for a visa.
For a visa, yes.

But employer nominations do not lead to visa subclass 134. They lead to subclass 121 or 119 (ENS or RSMS).

You can look this up in the Migration Regulations if you wish.