nmb registration help !!!

Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice
Default nmb registration help !!!

hi guys....

need a little advice

I have decided to go down the registering as a nurse first and then skills assessment route (save myself some money) and have received confirmation from NSW nmb today regarding registration. However it was not what i expected..... Please could any of you guys let me know if you have received the same.
The letter read:

I am pleased to inform you that your qualifications as a nurse have been assessed by the board and that you are eligible for registration as a nurse in New South Wales. It is anticipated that registration as a nurse will be granted when you attend the boards office and bring the identity documents, in order to establish your identity. Only original documents will be accepted.

If you do not finalise your application within 1 year of the date of this letter you will be required to lodge a further application for registration as a nurse and satisfy the boards requirements at that time.

Yours sincerely

blah blah

The documents they require are:
original version of the letter advisingyour eligibility for registration as a nurse

current passport

The questions i need help with are:
(1) Is this the standard letter they send, as i was expecting something a bit more formal with some sort of registration PIN number

(2) Will this satisfy the ANMC requirements (as well as the other documents thay require) for having a modified skills assessment.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks
Mark

P.S By the way... i only sent of the nurse registration 6 weeks ago... quite quick i thought !!!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:25 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: nmb registration help !!!

Originally Posted by nurse32
hi guys....

need a little advice

I have decided to go down the registering as a nurse first and then skills assessment route (save myself some money) and have received confirmation from NSW nmb today regarding registration. However it was not what i expected..... Please could any of you guys let me know if you have received the same.
The letter read:

I am pleased to inform you that your qualifications as a nurse have been assessed by the board and that you are eligible for registration as a nurse in New South Wales. It is anticipated that registration as a nurse will be granted when you attend the boards office and bring the identity documents, in order to establish your identity. Only original documents will be accepted.

If you do not finalise your application within 1 year of the date of this letter you will be required to lodge a further application for registration as a nurse and satisfy the boards requirements at that time.

Yours sincerely

blah blah

The documents they require are:
original version of the letter advisingyour eligibility for registration as a nurse

current passport

The questions i need help with are:
(1) Is this the standard letter they send, as i was expecting something a bit more formal with some sort of registration PIN number

(2) Will this satisfy the ANMC requirements (as well as the other documents thay require) for having a modified skills assessment.

Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks
Mark

P.S By the way... i only sent of the nurse registration 6 weeks ago... quite quick i thought !!!!
Did you send registration fees as well?

Why not send them the documents they require?

Several other people have registered from the UK. I did mine at the office in Sydney....took all of 20 minutes.

You need to be registered before you do the ANMC modified assessment.

G
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:30 am
Forum Regular

nurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nicenurse32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Grayling
Did you send registration fees as well?

Why not send them the documents they require?

Several other people have registered from the UK. I did mine at the office in Sydney....took all of 20 minutes.

You need to be registered before you do the ANMC modified assessment.

G
thanks for your reply...
i sent the nmb the fee
all the correct documents including copies of the ones they have asked for(copies certified by solicitor)

so don't know why i got this letter!!
Old Feb 27th 2007, 10:46 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nurse32
thanks for your reply...
i sent the nmb the fee
all the correct documents including copies of the ones they have asked for(copies certified by solicitor)

so don't know why i got this letter!!

Maybe they made a mistake.....try emailing them.

G
Old Feb 27th 2007, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

I am pleased to inform you that your qualifications as a nurse have been assessed by the board and that you are eligible for registration as a nurse in New South Wales. original version of the letter advisingyour eligibility for registration as a nurse
Are in in the UK or Oz?

Im certainly no expert but it sounds to me they have sent you a letter thinking that you are in Australia. I recieved a similar letter (albeit from NBSA) and it sounds very similar "I am pleased to inform you that your qualifications as a nurse have been assessed by the board" etc etc but they attached another form that i had to fill out which had a few simple questions. After recieving that they sent me a pack containing pin registration, licence, badge and tons of info about nursing and the board etc

Ade S
Old Feb 27th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

adiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to alladiestubbs is a name known to all

For ANMC assessment (after being registered in a state) you need (all certified) birth certificate, state licence, original certificate of state registration, photo and to get your board to send verification to the ANMC.

Application is here

http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...07original.pdf

Hope this helps

Ade S