NHS Pension Question.........

Old Jan 31st 2007, 6:10 pm
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow NHS Pension Question.........

I have paid into the NHS pension for 5 years now and have contacted them to ask what I do when I emigrate. They say to let them know when I have a pension scheme to pay into. The thing is I wont know until I get a job and would like to sort it out whilst still in this country.
I am very tempted to opt out to save a bit of cash each month, but I think that wouldnt help either as isnt it linked to a reduce rate National Insurance contributions?
If anyone has any advice please comment....Thank you in advance xx
Old Jan 31st 2007, 8:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice
Default Re: NHS Pension Question.........

Originally Posted by Rachie241
I have paid into the NHS pension for 5 years now and have contacted them to ask what I do when I emigrate. They say to let them know when I have a pension scheme to pay into. The thing is I wont know until I get a job and would like to sort it out whilst still in this country.
I am very tempted to opt out to save a bit of cash each month, but I think that wouldnt help either as isnt it linked to a reduce rate National Insurance contributions?
If anyone has any advice please comment....Thank you in advance xx

I've not paid into the national pension scheme for over 2 years now but we are thinking of paying our basic NI contributions in order to be eligible for the basic pension when we are older. Its not worth much (70 quid) but thats almost $200 when transferred. Yes it will probably be taxed but that will still leave me with $100 a week better off and only for about 100 pounds NI contributions (or $240) a year.

If I were you I would get a financial advisor and ask them. Its well worth paying for a little bit of advice at this stage.