Newly Qualified And Registration

Old Mar 24th 2007, 7:52 pm
Just Joined

littleliz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newly Qualified And Registration

im in my last term of my training now and am planning to go to melbourne next feb on a spouse visa (my OH is also a nurse but trained in aus)
i emailed southern health in victoria to see what they required from me by way of experience as at the mo i will have a maximum of 6months post-reg experience....if i get a job!!!
they emailed me and said i am eligable to do a graduate nurse programme over there which has taken the pressure off me here as many people told me i needed at least 2 years experience!
the website is here for any of you who are melbourne-bound...
http://www.southernhealth.org.au/gnp/Default.htm
Old Mar 24th 2007, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

willywonka is an unknown quantity at this point

Im a registered nurse looking into getting my skills assessed and i have been emailing with the ANMC and they have told me you have to register with them first and then when that is a goer you then register with the nursing council in the state that you will be working in. With the state registration they just get the files sent from ANMC so all you do is fill in the state forms and send a small fee to be on their register.....this is what ive been told, can anyone else confirm this?
Old Mar 24th 2007, 11:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

mooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to allmooncat is a name known to all

Originally Posted by willywonka
Im a registered nurse looking into getting my skills assessed and i have been emailing with the ANMC and they have told me you have to register with them first and then when that is a goer you then register with the nursing council in the state that you will be working in. With the state registration they just get the files sent from ANMC so all you do is fill in the state forms and send a small fee to be on their register.....this is what ive been told, can anyone else confirm this?
Actually, that's not strictly true. You can do it that way OR you can register in a specific state and then apply to the ANMC for a modified skills assessment. This is a cheaper way to do it. Also I personally feel this is more beneficial as I feel it looks better when you can tell prospective employers that you are already registered and able to work. Remember, the ANMC just assesses skills for the purposes of applying for visas and if you are going on a temp ie 457, you don't even need your skills assessing by ANMC.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:23 am
Account Closed

tonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond reputetonyk38 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grayling
I recently re-registered for QLD (in November 2006) and have just been sent a reminder that I have to renew before between April and June or I will not be able to practice after July 2nd. and will lose my registration.....so it looks like that is the annual renewal date.

So it looks like you may have to renew it if it returns before June.....unless anyone knows different?

G
Alas this is correct. I got my QNC rego a couple of weeks before flying out at the beginning of March and as soon as I got here, the first email I opened was a reminder to renew my rego by the end of june.

As a postscript, it's worth reminding folks going for QNC rego not to leave it too late before the day they are due to start their work because it can take a long time to come through: mine took five months, and you can't work until you have it. In the case of some sponsorship visas, you won't get your visa until you have your rego, so also worth bearing in mind.

Good luck, one and all who are still on their way!