Newly Qualified And Registration

Old Feb 28th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Talking Newly Qualified And Registration

Hi all,

Have just qualified and waiting for my pin number to come through
Have got a job to start in a few weeks on a medical ward at the hospital where i trained. Am planning on going to Oz around March next year (just wanted to get a years post reg experience first).

Am applying on hubbys skill and sent off application in Nov 06, so just waiting

My question is when should i apply to QNC for my registration???? Could i do this when i get my pin number through??? or will i need to work first???
And what about references, if i applied now whould i still need one???

Oh so many questions

Tracey
x
Old Feb 28th 2007, 5:48 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Newly Qualified And Registration

Originally Posted by spaceys
Hi all,

Have just qualified and waiting for my pin number to come through
Have got a job to start in a few weeks on a medical ward at the hospital where i trained. Am planning on going to Oz around March next year (just wanted to get a years post reg experience first).

Am applying on hubbys skill and sent off application in Nov 06, so just waiting

My question is when should i apply to QNC for my registration???? Could i do this when i get my pin number through??? or will i need to work first???
And what about references, if i applied now whould i still need one???

Oh so many questions

Tracey
x
You could apply when you get your PIN number but if you're not going till next year you'll end up paying more as you renew registration every year.
I've just qualified and am also just waiting for PIN then I'll apply to QNC who told me there is no need to have worked first so I'm hoping this means I won't need an employer reference (especially as I can't get a job here), if they want a reference I'll have to just get one off my tutor or maybe one of my nicer mentors :-)
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
You could apply when you get your PIN number but if you're not going till next year you'll end up paying more as you renew registration every year.
I've just qualified and am also just waiting for PIN then I'll apply to QNC who told me there is no need to have worked first so I'm hoping this means I won't need an employer reference (especially as I can't get a job here), if they want a reference I'll have to just get one off my tutor or maybe one of my nicer mentors :-)
For NBWA (Perth) you don't need a reference, I've just qualified and never worked since and got registration with NBWA no problem, as long as you've got your PIN from NMC it's no problem.
Old Mar 1st 2007, 10:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

You can apply now, but if you are not going until next year then I would save your pennies until then.

Congrats on getting a job in the UK, I hear that they are way hard to come by!
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

spaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to allspaceys is a name known to all
Smile Re: Newly Qualified And Registration

Thanks, I just thought it might be easier to sort out thats all. Might wait then until later on in the year or shall i just wait until i get there????? I think you just go into the office there is that right?? If so what info do you need??

Tracey
x
Old Mar 2nd 2007, 9:20 am

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Thanks, I just thought it might be easier to sort out thats all. Might wait then until later on in the year or shall i just wait until i get there????? I think you just go into the office there is that right?? If so what info do you need??

Tracey
x
I would leave it till the end of the year as it can take a few months, or if you want to do it in Brisbane then have a look at the application form available on the internet and the checklist to see what paperwork you will need to have with you
Old Mar 4th 2007, 8:20 am
Just Joined

Dovillevi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi to all,

I am from Ireland. Please if anyone could tell me what you mean by NMC pin and where do you get it? I will be newly graduated midwife (in June). Actually I thought it would be much more easier to get registration in OZ if I have had Irish registration first. If anyone knows does it make sense? Please please please, advise me how did you manage to get job in oz being a student overseas?
Many thanks for your replies!!!!!!
Old Mar 4th 2007, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by Dovillevi2
Hi to all,

I am from Ireland. Please if anyone could tell me what you mean by NMC pin and where do you get it? I will be newly graduated midwife (in June). Actually I thought it would be much more easier to get registration in OZ if I have had Irish registration first. If anyone knows does it make sense? Please please please, advise me how did you manage to get job in oz being a student overseas?
Many thanks for your replies!!!!!!
As you're in Ireland then the NMC won't apply to you (it's the registration board for UK nurses), you will need your Irish registration then you will be able to apply to the Australian nursing board in the state you want to work.
The way I got my job was to just email a load of hospitals directly, easy to get contact details using Google. There are a lot of agencies but they tend to want some post reg experience.
Also spend time familiarising yourself with the different visa options on the DIAC website (options are limited for newly qualified nurses/midwives)
Old Mar 6th 2007, 6:57 am
Just Joined

Dovillevi2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Really appreciate your quick reply. Many thnks!!! Actually my first attempt to search hospitals in oz was not very succesfull I'll try harder...
I was seriously thinking about taking an immigration agent. If any could recommend a trusted profesional one in UK or Australia?
Old Mar 6th 2007, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Really appreciate your quick reply. Many thnks!!! Actually my first attempt to search hospitals in oz was not very succesfull I'll try harder...
I was seriously thinking about taking an immigration agent. If any could recommend a trusted profesional one in UK or Australia?
Which part of Oz are you coming to? We are in Perth and I know Fremantle sponsor newly qualified. You could try Perth Royal Infirmary or St Edwards Memorial Hospital (which is a maternity hospital) in the city. There are lots but you may be going east???

Carol
Old Mar 6th 2007, 11:22 am
BE Enthusiast

windog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to beholdwindog is a splendid one to behold

Look for the individial state health authority websites ( e.g. Qldhealth) and go from there
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Newly Qualified And Registration

Another quick question - WHen you apply to the state you want to go i.e Queenland, I have heard that it is only valid until your next birthday??? is this true or is it valid for a full year???

Traceyx
Old Mar 15th 2007, 4:58 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Another quick question - WHen you apply to the state you want to go i.e Queenland, I have heard that it is only valid until your next birthday??? is this true or is it valid for a full year???

Traceyx
Valid for a year but from a date that they specify....not your birthday. In QLD, for example it runs from July to June.

G
Old Mar 15th 2007, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by Grayling
Valid for a year but from a date that they specify....not your birthday. In QLD, for example it runs from July to June.

G
I've just sent off for my QNC reg, if it arrives before June will I have to pay again?
Old Mar 16th 2007, 7:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
I've just sent off for my QNC reg, if it arrives before June will I have to pay again?
I recently re-registered for QLD (in November 2006) and have just been sent a reminder that I have to renew before between April and June or I will not be able to practice after July 2nd. and will lose my registration.....so it looks like that is the annual renewal date.

So it looks like you may have to renew it if it returns before June.....unless anyone knows different?

G

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.