Newcomers Joining

Old Jan 16th 2007, 9:49 am
Forum Regular

Carole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to allCarole & Keith is a name known to all
Default Newcomers Joining

Hi, finally found the courage to register and join you lot! I have been reading and browsing everyones posts avidly for over 3 months, found it very interesting and extremley informative, but I am computer illiterate and know nothing about chatting on forums etc. My children think it is hilarious me sat next to a computer asking questions.Let me introduce myself and my family.My name is Carole and I am a Registered Nurse (Adult), but I specialized in Neonatal Intensive care when I qualified 3 Years ago. My OH is Keith, We have 4 children ( 2 x 17.5 year olds Jemma & Jonathan, Jason who is 15 years and Jade who is 12 ).We are hoping to emigrate to Australia - Brisbane hopefully oct/nov 07. I have just had my assessment done from the ANMC and received our letter of determination (8th Jan 07) which was successful. Hoping to send the visa application forms off at the end Jan. I have loads of questions about suburbs of Brisbane/Gold Coast, Universities, Senior/High schools for my children. realistic quality of life, Housing. but plenty of time for these questions.There is one question though that is important, I am looking at working at the Royal Brisbane Women's and Children's Hospital, I hear they have a huge Neonatal Unit there. Are there any NICU nurses out there or in my situation hoping to move over there, who could give me any information with regards to working in nicu units in australia especially Brisbane/Gold Coast area. Hope to hear from you all. see you Carole
Old Jan 16th 2007, 12:35 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Newcomers Joining

Originally Posted by Carole & Keith
Hi, finally found the courage to register and join you lot! I have been reading and browsing everyones posts avidly for over 3 months, found it very interesting and extremley informative, but I am computer illiterate and know nothing about chatting on forums etc. My children think it is hilarious me sat next to a computer asking questions.Let me introduce myself and my family.My name is Carole and I am a Registered Nurse (Adult), but I specialized in Neonatal Intensive care when I qualified 3 Years ago. My OH is Keith, We have 4 children ( 2 x 17.5 year olds Jemma & Jonathan, Jason who is 15 years and Jade who is 12 ).We are hoping to emigrate to Australia - Brisbane hopefully oct/nov 07. I have just had my assessment done from the ANMC and received our letter of determination (8th Jan 07) which was successful. Hoping to send the visa application forms off at the end Jan. I have loads of questions about suburbs of Brisbane/Gold Coast, Universities, Senior/High schools for my children. realistic quality of life, Housing. but plenty of time for these questions.There is one question though that is important, I am looking at working at the Royal Brisbane Women's and Children's Hospital, I hear they have a huge Neonatal Unit there. Are there any NICU nurses out there or in my situation hoping to move over there, who could give me any information with regards to working in nicu units in australia especially Brisbane/Gold Coast area. Hope to hear from you all. see you Carole

Think you will find Brisbane a good choice... Jimtrish works in neonatal up at Townsville you will find her on some of the nursing posts to pm her, sure she won't mind and Robbo2's hubby in something to do with kids but think it's older ones.

Post any questions you need answers to, just don't take every answer/post too seriously and go in the ones you want and stay out of the ones you find argumentive or puerile if not your taste and you will find lots of info. We all start off serious and once here descend into silly sods, as have spent that long posting life deciding questions... .
Old Jan 16th 2007, 11:58 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Newcomers Joining

Hi Carole,

I am not a neonatal nurse, but just wanted to welcome you to BE and say congratulations on your positive skills assessment. Hope the wait for your visa isn't too long.

We are aiming to go to Brissy/Sunshine Coast around June/July this year depending on our house sale, which isn't actually on the market yet. (hope it will be next month).

Most people on the forums are really helpful so you should get lots of help and good advice if you need it.

best of luck and keep in touch

Jackie