My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

Old Apr 28th 2014, 8:06 pm
Shaun

picto1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: My experience so far - Applying to AHPRA

Hi all

Application update...

I've just emailed AHPRA for an update. The last reply was on the 11th saying my application is under review still.

Shaun
Old Apr 29th 2014, 7:04 am
Just Joined

bigmac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by picto1
Hi all

Application update...

I've just emailed AHPRA for an update. The last reply was on the 11th saying my application is under review still.

Shaun
Hope you hear something positive Shaun.
When I contacted them last week requesting an update they couldn't give me any sort of timeframe just that my application had been passed to the board for assessment of my qualifications & a final decision on eligibility. I've no idea if the holdup is due to workload or if there's still problems following the recent changes in assessment criteria.
Think the not knowing is worse, if I was told it would be another 3 months until I would hear I could accept that as opposed to checking emails everyday.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 10:56 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bigmac1
When I contacted them last week requesting an update they couldn't give me any sort of timeframe just that my application had been passed to the board for assessment of my qualifications & a final decision on eligibility. I've no idea if the holdup is due to workload or if there's still problems following the recent changes in assessment criteria.
Think the not knowing is worse, if I was told it would be another 3 months until I would hear I could accept that as opposed to checking emails everyday.
Hi,

Can I just ask which office did you send your application to? I sent mine to Darwin on 15/4 with tracking, so far its hit Brisbane on 22/4 but other than that i have no idea where it is or if AHPRA have received it yet.
We all presume that we will be eligible to work as nurses over there but I
wonder with the changes in assessment criteria whether they will start saying no to us UK trained nurses? hmmm.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

bigmac1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
Hi,

Can I just ask which office did you send your application to? I sent mine to Darwin on 15/4 with tracking, so far its hit Brisbane on 22/4 but other than that i have no idea where it is or if AHPRA have received it yet.
wonder with the changes in assessment criteria whether they will start saying no to us UK trained nurses? hmmm.
I sent it to Darwin on 19/2/14 & received email confirmation they'd received it on 5/3/14. Payment was taken on the 5th also.
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:51 pm
Shaun

Originally Posted by bigmac1
Hi

I hope you hear soon too! I've checked emails today and I have the same reply...'As advised in my earlier email AHPRA will be in touch with you if further information is required. However due to the current high volume of applications from internationally qualified nurses and midwives we are unable to provide a timeframe for a decision on your application.'

Fingers remained crossed
Old Apr 29th 2014, 6:52 pm
Shaun

Originally Posted by YvetteCamille
Hi,

I sent mine to Brisbane
Old May 2nd 2014, 7:28 pm
Shaun

I sent mine to Brisbane
Wow!...AHPRA have emailed me today. They need more information...for criterion 2, 3 & 8. I emailed the school of nursing and they told me they will have it sorted and posted by Tuesday!

How efficient and cool is that!

Shaun
Old May 2nd 2014, 7:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

Good stuff Shaun.
Old May 2nd 2014, 8:10 pm
Shaun

Originally Posted by genorm
Good stuff Shaun.
Thanks.... I haven't heard from your colleague though
Old May 3rd 2014, 8:37 am
BE Enthusiast

genorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond reputegenorm has a reputation beyond repute

OK, I'll speak to him today and advise him of the update.

Thanks.... I haven't heard from your colleague though
Old May 5th 2014, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sent you a PM Shaun.
Old May 7th 2014, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

nellienoo78 is an unknown quantity at this point

Fantastic info contained here thank you. I am just starting the process of registering so it has helped a lot. Thankfully I already hold an Aussie passport so that headache has gone. Picto1 does the letter from my old school proving I went there have to be worded in a particular way? Also can they send it to me and I include it with all the other stuff I have to send? Many thanks
Old May 7th 2014, 6:05 pm
Shaun

Originally Posted by nellienoo78
Fantastic info contained here thank you. I am just starting the process of registering so it has helped a lot. Thankfully I already hold an Aussie passport so that headache has gone. Picto1 does the letter from my old school proving I went there have to be worded in a particular way? Also can they send it to me and I include it with all the other stuff I have to send? Many thanks
Hi

AHPRA told me over the phone that I needed wording that said I was assessed and taught in English.
They wrote a letter to AHPRA stating the above and confirmed my attendance between 1985 and 1990. I then picked the letter up and posted it with everything else.

Hope that helps!

I'm very envious you have an Aussie passport - that's definitely a headache less.

Good Luck!
Old May 7th 2014, 6:10 pm
Just Joined

nellienoo78 is an unknown quantity at this point

That's great thank you for the speedy response :-) I know it does help greatly! I have also been offered a telephone interview with the hospital I want to work at over there. So fingers crossed! I just need to get all the paperwork together and get it notarised etc. this forum is great for info and help. Hope all is going well for everyone! I am sure I will have other questions!
Old May 9th 2014, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

YvetteCamille is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, just an update,
Really can't complain as everyone has been really helpful so far, my application was sent to Darwin on 15/4, received on 1/5, payment taken then also. Email the next day from my case officer from AHPRA stating that I had answered one of the questions wrong and gave me the opportunity to answer it via email (as apposed to re-sending the application) she also notified me that she was requesting one of my references as I was unable to get it myself.
The NMC have been taking the longest in sending out my letter of verification but this should have been done within 5 days of me paying for it (costs £34), however they did send a copy of the course syllabus for free (they didn't have a transcript of my study so sent this instead).
The university sent out both letters relating to the new assessment criteria and my transcript of study, I had an email and a phone call about a week later saying that this request had been processed, they also wanted to check that they'd sent out the right stuff! (how nice).
Everything should now be winging its way to Darwin and hopefully they wont need anything else, fingers crossed!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.