midwifery direct entry - aus

Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:07 am
Just Joined

triple_eee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default midwifery direct entry - aus

Hi,

my husband is applying under skilled migration (engineering) and i am a final year midwifery student.

What states accept direct entry midwifes. We are considering Perth and Brisbane as possible destinations.

We are also visiting both these cities this summer. Any info on nursing agencies that i could make appointments with would be appreciated.
Old Jan 19th 2005, 5:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: midwifery direct entry - aus

Originally Posted by triple_eee
Hi,

my husband is applying under skilled migration (engineering) and i am a final year midwifery student.

What states accept direct entry midwifes. We are considering Perth and Brisbane as possible destinations.

We are also visiting both these cities this summer. Any info on nursing agencies that i could make appointments with would be appreciated.
I'm not a midwife so don't really know, but you will probably be better off contacting the hospitals direct and not using an agency.
Send an email to the nurse manager in midwifery for each of the hospitals you are interested in, and see what replies you get.

Lisa
Old Jan 20th 2005, 11:53 am
Master of verbal pish©

soapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond reputesoapy© has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by triple_eee
Hi,

hi, im not sure about perth, but i am sure u cant work in queensland as a DEM. although we have heard of a few who have jobs there. i think its down to who u know. we were told there might be a change in the rules soon, or it might have happened in the last few months.
to work in NSW as a DEM u need to be registered in Victoria first. the call it dual reg or some crap. this gives u more hassle but its worth it.
the reason i know this is, my wife is a madwife (not a spelling error) too. this was our way into Oz. we came on a four year deal and are now going through PR. if u need any other info send me a PM and i will get the wife to reply i dont really know the ins and outs.

soapy
Old Jan 29th 2005, 7:20 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Hi I'm a nurse and a madwife in Townsville Qld. You can register as a direct entry midwife in Qld not sure bout WA though. Check out the WA website. Have a look on www.ncah.com.au and www.seek.com.au for jobs. Agencies such as Geneva, worldwide healthcare exchange (part of BNA in UK) are ok. If you get a copy of TNT magazine in the back there are listings for loads of agencies. Give me a PM if you need more info. Oh the Royal Womens Hospital in Brisvegas is a public hospital and has a good reputation. I work with Madwives who worked there and we consult with them for high risk stuff.Lucy