Letter from CO

Old Dec 20th 2004, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Letter from CO

Originally Posted by txmogga
The letter has arrived at last!!
Dated 6 December, arrived 20 December.
"Your skills have been assessed as suitable for migration for the nominated occupation of Registered Nurse".

txmogga

Congratulations!!!!!

Are you ready to post off the main visa application? or are you waiting till January now?

Lisa
Old Dec 20th 2004, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

txmogga is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks very much...I am so relieved now. I did full assessment. I live in USA and the state of Texas had to send verification directly to ANMC.
I am ready to post to DIMIA now but....think I will wait until the new year. I keep seeing news stories on tv showing the bazillions of packages being processed right now (FEDEX, UPS etc) and it's kinda scarey seeing them all heaped together.
Next is QLD registration, so now I have another question. When should I do that? The earliest I will move is June 05. My birthday is in August if that matters. I will probably take 1-2 months off before I start working. Does any of this matter as to when I should apply to them?
thanks in advance
txmogga
Old Dec 21st 2004, 8:41 am
BE Enthusiast

primrose will become famous soon enoughprimrose will become famous soon enough

Next is QLD registration, so now I have another question. When should I do that? The earliest I will move is June 05. My birthday is in August if that matters. I will probably take 1-2 months off before I start working. Does any of this matter as to when I should apply to them?
thanks in advance
txmogga
You have to renew your registration yearly in Aus, so it might be worth finding out which month the QLD board renew theirs, in SA its August.
Old Dec 21st 2004, 8:54 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by primrose
You have to renew your registration yearly in Aus, so it might be worth finding out which month the QLD board renew theirs, in SA its August.
In NSW you renew annually from the date you register.

G
Old Dec 21st 2004, 11:01 am

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

I have my Queensland registration letter in front of me - in Queensland nurses must renew their registration yearly between 1st April and 30th June annually. I only applied for reg end of November 2004 and got it beginning of December! - My letter says I have to renew by 30th June 2005 (I am allowed to practise until then - shame I don't have a visa )

Hope this helps for QLD anyway - I don't really get my years moneys worth do I!? A bit naughty of queensland!

Lynn
Old Dec 21st 2004, 2:59 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that. It sounds like I should just wait until April as if I do it now, it would just be wasted....is that right?
txmogga
Old Dec 21st 2004, 3:54 pm

Thanks for that. It sounds like I should just wait until April as if I do it now, it would just be wasted....is that right?
txmogga
Yeah you will get your full years worth then! I would wait unless you really need it. I got mine within 10 days anyway - it just took a bit long to get throught the post but it was issued very quickly judging by the date on it!

Good luck!

Lynn
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

I knew you would be ok!!! But know what you mean! Until I see letter in writing I wouldn't be sure either! Did you do modified or full? can't remember Just to see if you had to send verification from state to ANMC?

Well done you! Let me know how you get on with your main visa!

Lynn
Dear Lynn,
I was reading off in the oz forum where someone mentioned checking for messages under 'my profile'. So, I clicked on that , and OMG is my face red ....I found a message from you dated December 14. Sorry, I had NO idea that was there until now. Thank you for your nice little note and welcome. My apologies for not noticing it sooner!
txmogga
Old Jan 28th 2005, 11:12 am

Dear Lynn,
I was reading off in the oz forum where someone mentioned checking for messages under 'my profile'. So, I clicked on that , and OMG is my face red ....I found a message from you dated December 14. Sorry, I had NO idea that was there until now. Thank you for your nice little note and welcome. My apologies for not noticing it sooner!
txmogga
No probs! It was just some good luck karma or congratulations karma I was sending you

How are you getting on, you have been quiet recently?

Lynn
Old Jan 28th 2005, 2:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lynnlovessun
No probs! It was just some good luck karma or congratulations karma I was sending you

How are you getting on, you have been quiet recently?

Lynn
I'm good...just working and doing cross stitch for stress therapy.

I have been quiet ...seem to have come to a crashing halt. The original plan was to send off 136 at the beginning of January. Then Jeremy advised me that is too risky because my son plans to go in the Marines in July. Since he is not 18, I have to include him if I apply now. If I include him, I risk refusal if he is active military. We have it all sorted here, but...DIMIA might not see it that way.

So, Jeremy suggested I get an agent. The agent says I can go on 457 then son is a non-issue, then I can apply for PR after he turns 18. Glittababe has been very helpful giving me more info about her experiences going on the 457 and now I am definitely staying away from agencies. I have made a few contacts with some hospitals....just casual question asking so far.

So, I can either find a sponsor....or wait till his birthday. The only thing I do know is I am not rushing into anything at this point. Just chillin for now

I did apply for QLD registration though, hope to have that back soon.
txmogga