Was just wondering???

Old Nov 3rd 2005, 6:19 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of
Default Was just wondering???

Hiya, have been thinking about my nursing recently and I know it's time for a change, I've been working in the operating theatre for about 20 years on and off, mostly on. Stopped off in 1987-88 to do my midwifery training, and this is what I'm wondering about!! At time of qualification I couldn't get a job, so panicked and went back to general nursing, but was wondering if I would be able to retrain or 'something' in aus.

I was reading a post on here from a midwife talking about skills, cannulation,suturing, taking blook, etc, well I can still do all that, but, I realise i will need retraining in the modern midwifery way.

So any info from aus would be interesting to me. Thanks alot

If anyone is thinking...god what age is she...I am 103
Old Feb 5th 2006, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Was just wondering???

Originally Posted by Margaret2

Now stop lying, we all know you're way older than that

Seriously, I'm sure you will be able to do it. I may even look into it for you. Tomorrow though, I'm too tired (and drunk) right now.

Wendy x
Old Feb 6th 2006, 2:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Margaret,

Have done a bit of googling today and found this for you

http://www.ocno.health.wa.gov.au/midwifery/

Now take the bull by the horns and go girl x
Old Feb 6th 2006, 3:59 pm

amanda76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, have been thinking about my nursing recently and I know it's time for a change, I've been working in the operating theatre for about 20 years on and off, mostly on. Stopped off in 1987-88 to do my midwifery training, and this is what I'm wondering about!! At time of qualification I couldn't get a job, so panicked and went back to general nursing, but was wondering if I would be able to retrain or 'something' in aus.

I was reading a post on here from a midwife talking about skills, cannulation,suturing, taking blook, etc, well I can still do all that, but, I realise i will need retraining in the modern midwifery way.

So any info from aus would be interesting to me. Thanks alot

wheres this thread come from??? LOL

when hubby isnt moaning at me for being still on computer i will look up some info for you..........

go for it as wendy says - it will always be at the back of your mind if you dont!

i will post a full answer later

mand
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:39 pm

Margaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud ofMargaret2 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by amanda76
wheres this thread come from??? LOL

when hubby isnt moaning at me for being still on computer i will look up some info for you..........

go for it as wendy says - it will always be at the back of your mind if you dont!

i will post a full answer later

mand

Hiya, think i posted this when i first discovered be, then a 'discussion' about nurses and midwives broke out, so i abondened this forum for a bit, I just wasn't used to the lively debate that goes on, god, hope it doesn't start again
Old Feb 6th 2006, 6:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hiya, think i posted this when i first discovered be, then a 'discussion' about nurses and midwives broke out, so i abondened this forum for a bit, I just wasn't used to the lively debate that goes on, god, hope it doesn't start again

That's weird.

It was on this first page
Old Feb 6th 2006, 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
That's weird.

i hadnt seen it!!!

i think i was party to the debate - sorry

i will reply tom when just had the visa wine isnt floating!!!!

the leters are dancing!!!!

LOL

wendy - are you a nurse??

hugs

mand
Old Feb 6th 2006, 8:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

i hadnt seen it!!!

i think i was party to the debate - sorry

i will reply tom when just had the visa wine isnt floating!!!!

the leters are dancing!!!!

LOL

wendy - are you a nurse??

hugs

mand
No hun I'm not a nurse, I was just being nosey

I have a very adverse reaction to blood and sick (and I used to be a first aider PMSL, don't know how I ever passed that!)

I could have swore it was just on this first page, but then again I have had lots of beer this weekend. So it could have been anywhere really
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
That's weird.

Do you think you may have stepped back in time
Old Feb 6th 2006, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Maybe.

Where's the twightlight zone music when you need it
Old Feb 7th 2006, 1:57 am

its very weird!!!

mand
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:17 pm

its very weird!!!

mand

Oh God, Wendy is the time traveller on BE