British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/)
-   -   Was just wondering??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/nurses-doctors-other-medical-healthcare-occupations-72/just-wondering-335301/)

Margaret2 Nov 3rd 2005 6:19 pm

Was just wondering???

:confused: Hiya, have been thinking about my nursing recently and I know it's time for a change, I've been working in the operating theatre for about 20 years on and off, mostly on. Stopped off in 1987-88 to do my midwifery training, and this is what I'm wondering about!! At time of qualification I couldn't get a job, so panicked and went back to general nursing, but was wondering if I would be able to retrain or 'something' in aus.

I was reading a post on here from a midwife talking about skills, cannulation,suturing, taking blook, etc, well I can still do all that, but, I realise i will need retraining in the modern midwifery way.

So any info from aus would be interesting to me. Thanks alot :)

If anyone is thinking...god what age is she...I am 103 ;)

Wendy Feb 5th 2006 10:56 pm

Re: Was just wondering???

Originally Posted by Margaret2

Now stop lying, we all know you're way older than that :D

Seriously, I'm sure you will be able to do it. I may even look into it for you. Tomorrow though, I'm too tired (and drunk) right now.

Wendy x

Wendy Feb 6th 2006 2:08 pm

Hi Margaret,

Have done a bit of googling today and found this for you

http://www.ocno.health.wa.gov.au/midwifery/

Now take the bull by the horns and go girl x

amanda76 Feb 6th 2006 3:59 pm

:confused: Hiya, have been thinking about my nursing recently and I know it's time for a change, I've been working in the operating theatre for about 20 years on and off, mostly on. Stopped off in 1987-88 to do my midwifery training, and this is what I'm wondering about!! At time of qualification I couldn't get a job, so panicked and went back to general nursing, but was wondering if I would be able to retrain or 'something' in aus.

I was reading a post on here from a midwife talking about skills, cannulation,suturing, taking blook, etc, well I can still do all that, but, I realise i will need retraining in the modern midwifery way.

So any info from aus would be interesting to me. Thanks alot :)

wheres this thread come from??? LOL

when hubby isnt moaning at me for being still on computer i will look up some info for you..........

go for it as wendy says - it will always be at the back of your mind if you dont!

i will post a full answer later

mand :)

Margaret2 Feb 6th 2006 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by amanda76
wheres this thread come from??? LOL

when hubby isnt moaning at me for being still on computer i will look up some info for you..........

go for it as wendy says - it will always be at the back of your mind if you dont!

i will post a full answer later

Hiya, think i posted this when i first discovered be, then a 'discussion' about nurses and midwives broke out, so i abondened this forum for a bit, I just wasn't used to the lively debate that goes on, god, hope it doesn't start again :D

Wendy Feb 6th 2006 6:43 pm

Hiya, think i posted this when i first discovered be, then a 'discussion' about nurses and midwives broke out, so i abondened this forum for a bit, I just wasn't used to the lively debate that goes on, god, hope it doesn't start again :D

That's weird.

It was on this first page :confused:

amanda76 Feb 6th 2006 7:58 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
That's weird.

i hadnt seen it!!!

i think i was party to the debate - sorry :o

i will reply tom when just had the visa wine isnt floating!!!!

the leters are dancing!!!!

LOL

wendy - are you a nurse??

hugs

Wendy Feb 6th 2006 8:16 pm

i hadnt seen it!!!

i think i was party to the debate - sorry :o

i will reply tom when just had the visa wine isnt floating!!!!

the leters are dancing!!!!

LOL

wendy - are you a nurse??

hugs

No hun I'm not a nurse, I was just being nosey :D

I have a very adverse reaction to blood and sick :eek: (and I used to be a first aider PMSL, don't know how I ever passed that!)

I could have swore it was just on this first page, but then again I have had lots of beer this weekend. So it could have been anywhere really :rolleyes:

Margaret2 Feb 6th 2006 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by WendyC
That's weird.

Do you think you may have stepped back in time ;)

Wendy Feb 6th 2006 9:33 pm

Maybe.

Where's the twightlight zone music when you need it :D

amanda76 Feb 7th 2006 1:57 am

its very weird!!! :D

mand :confused:

Margaret2 Feb 8th 2006 11:17 pm

its very weird!!! :D

mand :confused:

Oh God, Wendy is the time traveller on BE :eek: