Jan/Feb 08

Old Jan 25th 2008, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about
Default Jan/Feb 08

We're planning to get to Brisbane next Jan/Feb. Does anyone have any thoughts when an appropriate time would be to start circulating my details around the hospitals or QH? Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2008, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

cheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant futurecheekymoo has a brilliant future
Default Re: Jan/Feb 08

Originally Posted by dandan1
We're planning to get to Brisbane next Jan/Feb. Does anyone have any thoughts when an appropriate time would be to start circulating my details around the hospitals or QH? Thanks
I'm sure that you wont have any problem geting a job anywhere in Australia
I would wait until you have your visa before circulating your CV as you can then confirm when you are likely to arrive to take up their offer of employment. Good luck with the process
Old Jan 28th 2008, 11:43 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for your reply. I meant to say Jan/Feb 09, though!!! Not that it makes any difference to your answer.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 8:55 pm
Just Joined

lyndsay123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

i am going to Queensland on my honeymoon next feb (2009) -hoping to mov there shortly after, but i also qualify my nurse training Jan 2009, im thinking the same thing - when to start applying, but i need to apply for the new grad course, are you newly qualified or have you got some experience?
Ive read a few posts on here and people have received offers more than a year before they are going, so i supose that you could start applying now!

Good luck!! keep me posted how you get on
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, Lyndsay. I've got 17yrs nursing behind me but what an exciting start to your career, not to mention married life! We're going on a reccie in December so will probably start phoning and mailing cv's in Sept/Oct and see if I can set up any interviews/informal visits for then, cos the thought of a phone interview feels me with fear!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

hi.
im worried about phone interviews!! was hoping that places im applying to will let me have a face to face interview when i go oz on my honeymoon!! can only hope! well hope you have a good time in December and good luck when you email your cv etc..im sure with all that experience you wont have any problems at all!!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 5:22 pm
Just Joined

where you going on your reccie dan? weve just been trying to book our honeymoon for feb next year and cant book it yet theyre telling us in the travel agents, is yours booked? if so when did you book it?
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

No, nothing booked,yet but we'll only be looking for a serviced apartment or something else self catering in the centre of Brisbane and there's lots of those. Won't be leaving it too long though, can't wait!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:39 pm
Just Joined

i cant wait either!! you will have to keep in touch and let me know how you get on!!
Old Jan 29th 2008, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

Absolutely! You too.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

nursemandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Phone interviews!!!

Hi Lyndsay,
I have just had two phone interviews, i was also panicking but it wasnt that bad. It depends on the area you are focused on as the questions are based on this, its like a normal interview but over the phone..
I was asked things like how would i asses an unconsious patient? What can i offer to there department? How would you deal with conflict? If you were asked to do something you felt uncomfortable about but he dr insisted what would you do?
I could give you more examples but it would just go on and on.. I made sure i asked alot of questions also. I hope this puts you at ease.
Good luck
xxx