? if time for a change... Advise/thoughts please

Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold
Default ? if time for a change... Advise/thoughts please

After a ''pooh bear' think over many months I am drawn to the idea of working in a hospital in Perth (when we get there...)

At the mo I am a practice nurse lead in a busy inner city practice (3 gp's).
Main area of work is chronic disease management, travel clinics, baby imms, cytology. I have my own case load and pretty much independent.

I feel I need a fresh start in nursing. My concerns are I actually have no ward experience other than my training, (been qualified 6 yrs) I came straight into my current job and worked up the scale and I am still here..where has the time gone....??

However I look back at my training and I miss the ward experience.
Would this new move be a good idea?
Would they want me with no ward experience?
would I have to start at the bottom again (not too bothered by this)

I thought I would be happy being a practice nurse in Perth, maybe I will. However, I am very aware of the differences in how I practice here and what I will be able to do in perth...

I wouldn't mind working part time in hospital and also keeping my hand in as a practice nurse ???

Just thinking....

Caroline
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ? if time for a change... Advise/thoughts please

Caroline,
I don't really know what to say as I am also in a post where I have a high degree of autonomy (Community Matron) & also am worried about where I will fit in within the Oz system but my attitude is that I shall take a lower job initially, get used to the system, & then see where I can go from there!
Go with your eyes open in that they do not seem to respect nurses as practitioners in the way we are (mostly) respected here!
Good luck!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 11:36 am
BE Enthusiast

carolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to beholdcarolinejones3 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: ? if time for a change... Advise/thoughts please

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Caroline,
I don't really know what to say as I am also in a post where I have a high degree of autonomy (Community Matron) & also am worried about where I will fit in within the Oz system but my attitude is that I shall take a lower job initially, get used to the system, & then see where I can go from there!
Go with your eyes open in that they do not seem to respect nurses as practitioners in the way we are (mostly) respected here!
Good luck!

Thanks Sallyclaire