IELTS test???

Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

celticboab is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS test???

Hi guys, been doing a bit of research regarding sitting the (ielts!).
Can someone confirm wether or not you have to sit this test if you graduated from a uk university and only speak english...lol. 1 website says 1 thing and another says the total opposite

cheers for the help and advice.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 8:09 pm
Forum Regular

lyndseynpaul is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS test???

Originally Posted by celticboab
Hi guys, been doing a bit of research regarding sitting the (ielts!).
Can someone confirm wether or not you have to sit this test if you graduated from a uk university and only speak english...lol. 1 website says 1 thing and another says the total opposite

cheers for the help and advice.
It is possible you will need to sit it, I gratuated in England as a nurse and I only speak English.
I needed to sit it to get the 120 points I need for the visa I am applying for and also to register myself with a nursing board in Australia, almost all the seperate boards now require the academic IELTS. Also you will need it if you have not yet had your skills assessment by the ANMC. Hope this helps
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:07 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Yeah, you'll need to sit the academic one and achieve Band 7 unless your already registered with an Australian nursing body. The next one at Glasgow uni is on the 25th Aug (should be a sat) but you need to book early, I think they want 6 weeks notice.
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:08 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyx
Yeah, you'll need to sit the academic one and achieve Band 7 unless your already registered with an Australian nursing body. The next one at Glasgow uni is on the 25th Aug (should be a sat) but you need to book early, I think they want 6 weeks notice.
Mmmm are you sure you dont have to sit the test if already registered in oz ??
Old Jul 17th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

safedisk is on a distinguished road

Hi all.

Check out this link, it may help when it comes to deciding whether you need to do the IELTS test or not.

http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20Purposes.pdf
Old Jul 17th 2009, 3:00 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by safedisk
Hi all.

Check out this link, it may help when it comes to deciding whether you need to do the IELTS test or not.

http://www.anmc.org.au/docs/Internat...20Purposes.pdf
Clearest version I've seen! Thanks!!
Old Jul 17th 2009, 4:19 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bernieboy
Mmmm are you sure you dont have to sit the test if already registered in oz ??
Positive. If your already registered with an Australian nursingn board you only need to do modified skills assessment for skills assessment. ANMC only want IELTS for full assessment.
Old Jul 18th 2009, 5:25 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lyx
Positive. If your already registered with an Australian nursingn board you only need to do modified skills assessment for skills assessment. ANMC only want IELTS for full assessment.
Bloody blinding news there mate,many thanks