IELTS

Old Aug 29th 2007, 5:54 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by Tabbiespice
I am going to Western Australia and have contacted the NBWA to register there.

They also mentioned the test but they said that if I provide a letter from my primary or secondary school saying that I had completed my education in England then that is sufficient and I wont have to do the test.

Contacted the school but its holidays so dont know if they will get it yet and then hope their records go back to the 80s when I was a student there

Jackie
xxxxx
I had to do that too - fortunately my daughter went to the same school as me and we had only emigrated a fortnight before. So they had no problem doing the letter for me
Old Sep 7th 2007, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by tiredwithtwins
hi erika
i will have a look at notts uni site ... i thought we had to do the academic test so that was the one i applied for (hallam uni do only academic in nov and dec)
sue
I have got to sit the test too. It seems that Aston University in Birmingham have places for the general test.
Good luck all!!!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 4:43 pm
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

I'm still confused!
Do ALL uk trained, uk born, native english speaking nurses have to sit this test????
Louise
Old Sep 8th 2007, 7:47 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indalo
I'm still confused!
Do ALL uk trained, uk born, native english speaking nurses have to sit this test????
Louise
I think you have to show evidence to WANB, like I wrote - I provided a letter from my secondary school - exams from school would have been sufficient (I have long since lost all my paperwork from back then) - though unsure how this works with regard to the new immigration checks
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:16 pm
Forum Regular

indalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really niceindalo is just really nice

Hi Sme,
I've been reg with nbwa for over 12 months and don't remember having to prove eng lang ability, i just submitted uni certs etc.
I've been working in Perth now since March on a 457 and can't believe that NOW i have to prove i can actually speak english in order to apply for PR!
Old Sep 8th 2007, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

I'm still confused!
Louise
You do not have to sit the test to satisfy the WANB. The only reason you will need to sit the test is if you do not have enough points (120) for the PR VIsa.
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by charlie-k
You do not have to sit the test to satisfy the WANB. The only reason you will need to sit the test is if you do not have enough points (120) for the PR VIsa.

I would have enough points if immigration would give me my 15 points for being a UK passport holder!

Has anyone who has applied online, who hasn't sat the IELTS, been awarded these so-called automatic 15 points?

Louise
Old Sep 9th 2007, 2:48 am
sme
......in the sand !

Hi Sme,
I've been reg with nbwa for over 12 months and don't remember having to prove eng lang ability, i just submitted uni certs etc.
I've been working in Perth now since March on a 457 and can't believe that NOW i have to prove i can actually speak english in order to apply for PR!
It was brought in Sept 2006 (3 days after I applied !)