Hi I'm new

Old Jul 16th 2009, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

shazzakidala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hi I'm new

Hi. My name is Sharon and I am a nurse hoping to relocate to Adelaide in January 2010. I am married to Shane, who is a locksmith but has just qualified as an electrician. We have a 14 year old daughter Ashleigh and an 18 year old son Ryan, who is going to university in September so won't be emigrating with us.

We always thought (naively) that Australia was a warm country all year round. Can anybody tell us how cold the winters are in Adelaide and what life is like in Oz

Thanks
Shazzakidala
Old Jul 17th 2009, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi I'm new

I have a friend who recently moved from Adelaide where she had lived most of her life so far. She says the summers are hot and very dry, winters can be cold and she had central heating. She misses the resaurants etc there and the City culture, it's quite different on the coast here in that respect, but is enjoying the climate and the change from city life.
Where in Cheshire are you?
I moved from Staffs but still have a lot of relatives in Cheshire?

Last edited by kitty4; Jul 17th 2009 at 9:45 pm.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

shazzakidala is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Kitty4

Thanks for replying. I am currently in Runcorn.
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:03 pm
bring on the sun please

crazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by shazzakidala
Hi Kitty4

Thanks for replying. I am currently in Runcorn.
Hi and welcome to the sight. I have been to Adelaide a few times but I was only 21 on my last visit which was some time ago. My memories are that the summers could be very hot and dry at times and the winters certainly not the cold that you get in britain. On one visit it did rain a lot a lot of flooding which was very unusual at the time but again it was not cold by british standards
Old Jul 19th 2009, 7:05 pm
bring on the sun please

crazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant futurecrazynconfused has a brilliant future

Just to add you would be better with the opinion of those who have more recent memories but thought I would let you know of my very distant memories.