Wanting To Move To Australia - Please Help

Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

Pilkiy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wanting To Move To Australia - Please Help

Hi Everyone,

My wife and I are both Registered Nurses with Nursing Diplomas from University of Manchester, with five years experiance in various settings, the last two years in the emergency setting. We are looking at emigrating to Queensland and are finding the whole thing a bit daunting. We think we understand the Visa bit, however the registering as a nurse is very confusing! Do we register with Queensland as a state first, then do the modified assessment for the ANMC or have we got it totally wrong? We would be looking to move permantly. Also it is not clear what documents we would have to send.

Any help would be gratefully recieved.
Old Jul 20th 2009, 9:42 pm
Forum Regular

suziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nicesuziegaz is just really nice
Default Re: Wanting To Move To Australia - Please Help

hi there,

Either way is possible, but you will need an ANMC assessment to apply for a permanent visa, ie 175 visa.
suzie
Old Jul 21st 2009, 5:50 pm
Lyx
BE Enthusiast

Lyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really niceLyx is just really nice
Default Re: Wanting To Move To Australia - Please Help

It works out cheaper if you register with the state first and then do the modified assessment. (but this takes longer - if you check out some other posts you'll see the timelines for QNC)
You will need to pass IELTS (Academic Level) at band 7 before you apply anywhere though.
As you're married only one of you will need to do AMNC bit as your partner gets residency if your accepted.
To state register you'll both need:
Transcript of your nurse training (do this just now it takes ages, mine took 4 months and cost £25)
Verification of current practising certificate (£34 NMC)
Certified copy of initial registration to NMC. (I'd lost this but NMC sent me a new one)
Certified copies of your passport, birth certificate, diploma/degree (the qualification that you ORIGINALLY registered with).
A letter from your employer stating your hours of work and dates (to verify the 12 months of relevant practise)
A reference from your present ward sister/charge nurse.
IELTS results sent directly from testing center.
The completed application form and the fee.

Only one of you need apply to ANMC and its almost the same documents so be sure to get enough copies of everything, and get your Uni and NMC to send copies of transcript and registration cert to ANMC and QNC. (They'll sent to up to 5 places for same price). And of course you'll need your QNC registration before you apply to ANMC.

Hopefully I've remembered everything.
Good luck, if you need any more info feel free to PM me.
Also I got a notary of public to certify my docs at my local community court - it was free. I just phoned and asked if there was a service where a justice of the peace could help me. They told me there were certain mornings allocated everyweek before court for that purpose. When I got there the notiary of public said he could do it - and he did.
The service is completely free. Some Lawyers take £10 per document. Once you apply to DIAC for visa so long as you scan supporting documents in colour you won't need to have them certified.

Good Luck with it all.

You can do it the other way - sent all docs and info to ANMC do full assessment (more expensive) then have ANMC forwad all docs to QNC - all you do is sent application form and fee.
Although this is more expensive it is quicker as you can apply to DIAC as soon as you have ANMC and apply to QNC while you are waiting for DIAC to process your visa.

Last edited by Lyx; Jul 21st 2009 at 6:15 pm.