Help, lost PIN card

Old Jan 26th 2005, 8:32 pm
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Help, lost PIN card

Hi, am new to this forum, but have been reading a lot of the threads over the last few weeks, a lot of interesting points and very good advice given. My problem is I've just received my application form from our agent (John Sylvester from Go Matilda) for the skills assessment bit, I have been searching high and low for my current PIN card and I can't find it!! , I e-mailed the NMC for a replacement, I then received a letter asking for £8 for a replacement and that they would send me a new one but with a new PIN number and a new entry on the register. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm worried that things will get delayed because of having 2 numbers, any advice gratefully received. Thanks
Mandi
Old Jan 27th 2005, 7:00 am
nursey

mandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of lightmandi248 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Help, lost PIN card

Do I actually need my PIN card? I am up to date with my registration, and it does say on the back of the card that this card is not proof that you are registered just that you have paid your fees???
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mandi248
Do I actually need my PIN card? I am up to date with my registration, and it does say on the back of the card that this card is not proof that you are registered just that you have paid your fees???
Have you not gotten your PIN writen down anywhere or on anything. I put mine on my CV as when I had to write to NMC when I got married I just quoted the number and they sent me a new card.

Anna
Old Jan 27th 2005, 11:31 am
nursey

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
Have you not gotten your PIN writen down anywhere or on anything. I put mine on my CV as when I had to write to NMC when I got married I just quoted the number and they sent me a new card.

Anna
Yes I've got my number and I've got all my certificates from when I qualified, I e-mail the NMC asking for a replacement card, they just sent me a form to fill in and said because of security measures they would send me a new card with a new number and I would have a new re-entry into the register, now I know the card wasn't stolen so do you think I should leave it as it is and wait until I'm sent my reminder to re-register which is next year. I don't want to have the confusion of having 2 PIN numbers. I can't see anywhere on the form that the PIN card is needed for the application form, I have my number and the NMC send verification of your registration to the AMNC. So do I need the card?
Thank you
Old Jan 27th 2005, 2:06 pm

lynnlovessun is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mandi248
Yes I've got my number and I've got all my certificates from when I qualified, I e-mail the NMC asking for a replacement card, they just sent me a form to fill in and said because of security measures they would send me a new card with a new number and I would have a new re-entry into the register, now I know the card wasn't stolen so do you think I should leave it as it is and wait until I'm sent my reminder to re-register which is next year. I don't want to have the confusion of having 2 PIN numbers. I can't see anywhere on the form that the PIN card is needed for the application form, I have my number and the NMC send verification of your registration to the AMNC. So do I need the card?
Thank you
Nope you don't need your pin card anywhere in the process! I knew mine off by heart and didn't even dig it out. I have registered in state/ done modified ANMC assessment and have just filled the visa application in - there was no question of needing the card. Sounds like the NMC trying to make 8 pound off you! Just wait till your reg is due for renewal and you'll get another.

Lynn
Old Jan 27th 2005, 5:08 pm
nursey

Thanks Lynn, I did decide to tell them that I'd found it and at the same time i asked them to send verification of my registration to the ANMC. So I have now got the ball rolling, waiting for my transcripts from my school of nursing now and references from my bosses, think I've spent most of the day on the phone!! oh I have also got to have my copies of certs etc verified by a solictor, fortunately one of my collegues husband's a solictor so I think a supper invite is due, it's not what you know it's who you know!!
thanks again

mandi
Old Jan 27th 2005, 5:30 pm
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mandi
If you have lost card then you can request to keep your old no. then there are no discrepencies. This is what I had to do.
You will find that the money keeps on rolling out from now on
Gillian x