Healthcare assistants in Oz

Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Neil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant futureNeil&Ellen has a brilliant future
Default Healthcare assistants in Oz

Hi
I currently work as a health care assistant in our local hospital(on the stroke unit) I have been trying to look for this type of work in Perth on the internet but only seem to get nursing homes. Does any body know if Australia have health care assistants in their hospitals?

Thanks
Ellen
Old Jan 11th 2007, 11:27 am
Forum Regular

suzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to beholdsuzanne7575 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Healthcare assistants in Oz

Originally Posted by Neil&Ellen
Hi
I currently work as a health care assistant in our local hospital(on the stroke unit) I have been trying to look for this type of work in Perth on the internet but only seem to get nursing homes. Does any body know if Australia have health care assistants in their hospitals?

Thanks
Ellen
I'm pretty sure they don't
Old Jan 12th 2007, 3:13 am
Forum Regular

wayne&mandy will become famous soon enough

Hi Healthcare assistants here are known as PCAs (Personal Care Assistant). You can do courses here via TAFE, or there are several short courses advertised in the local papers.
Mandy
Old Jan 12th 2007, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

I've only seen PCA's or AIN's (assistants in nursing) in nursing homes. Never seen any in the hospitals. I think they could do with them though.
Old Jan 12th 2007, 11:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

hedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nicehedgehog-girl is just really nice

As far as I was aware they don't have PCA's/AIN's/HCA's in the hospital setting in Oz they use Wardspeople instead for help with transporting/moving/etc....

Normally RN's/EN's will do all the tasks required for care during the patient's stay in hospital. You can get a lot of work in nursing homes, and individual care and it may be worth trying a couple of the private hospital as they are more likely to take different people on i.e. ODP, HCA's.