Has anyone trained in AU to be a nurse?

Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:16 pm
wannabeeinaussie

Blossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to allBlossom is a name known to all
Default Has anyone trained in AU to be a nurse?

Just wondered if anyone had trained in AU to be a nurse? I will have plenty of questions if anyone replies

Thanks

Emma (blossoms daughter)
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:09 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone trained in AU to be a nurse?

I'm aussie born and bred, trained at Deakin University in Melbourne 94-96. Ask away.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 9:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

I did my mental health nurse training in the UK in the 1980's but did my general nurse training (shorter course with already being a registered mental health nurse) and degrees in Brisbane in the 1990's.
I've also done some teaching on bachelor of nursing courses at uni's in Aus.
Old Feb 14th 2008, 5:56 am
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold

I am about to embark on my 1st yr at Caboolture Uni on the 3yr Bachelor of Nursing eeek!

Paula
Old Feb 19th 2008, 10:38 am
Just Joined

DOUBLE A is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kitty4
I did my mental health nurse training in the UK in the 1980's but did my general nurse training (shorter course with already being a registered mental health nurse) and degrees in Brisbane in the 1990's.
I've also done some teaching on bachelor of nursing courses at uni's in Aus.
I AM NO LONGER REGISTERED IN THE UK IT IS 8 YEARS SINCE I HAVE WORKED AS A STAFF NURSE.
OH HAS POSSIBLE JOB OFFER IN SYDNEY. WOULD IT BE EASY TO GET ON TO A RETURN TO NURSING COURSE OR EASIER TO RE TRAIN AS A MIDWIFE.
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:03 am
BE Enthusiast

kitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond reputekitty4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DOUBLE A
I AM NO LONGER REGISTERED IN THE UK IT IS 8 YEARS SINCE I HAVE WORKED AS A STAFF NURSE.
OH HAS POSSIBLE JOB OFFER IN SYDNEY. WOULD IT BE EASY TO GET ON TO A RETURN TO NURSING COURSE OR EASIER TO RE TRAIN AS A MIDWIFE.
if you wanted to train as a midwife you would need to have current registration here as it is a post grad course unless you went on the full direct entry course. I think there are return to nursing courses but don't know much about them, particularly with overseas nurses with expired registration/no aussie skills asessment but sure you could work something out when you are here when you can go and talk to people directly.