Graduate Positions Brisbane

Old Feb 22nd 2008, 6:18 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice
Default Graduate Positions Brisbane

Hi there, my name is Ruth, I qualify in June 2009! 13 Months. I am very keen to move to Aus but am aware I will not be able to leave until the Dec/Jan as have to wait for PIN.

I am planning to go on the 457 Sponsored Visa and work at a Hospital in Brisbane. I am unsure as to go with the Public or Private sector, all opinions gratefully received. I am also unsure when to apply for the Visa, I know it may take a while to get, maybe up to a year???? and that I have leave before the Visa runs out, which will be 12 months.

My husband will be working on the Visa and we will be taking our 3 children. We are selling the house this December so we are very keen to be gone the following Christmas as we will be rented until we leave. As you can see we are very keen!!!! My brother and his family live there and my dad plans to join us there.

I am keen to talk to people now as time is ticking by! I would also like to hook up with fellow nurses when I get there!! I do not know anyone!

I am 32 and determined to fulfull our dream and get the hell of here!!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future
Default Re: Graduate Positions Brisbane

Hi Ruth

i am a student midwife who also qualifys in aug 2009. i am looking for a grad program but for midwifery i wanted to look at brisbane womens but hae recently been thinking about Redcliffe hospital.

i have not contacted anyone yet as i have over a year to go.

will be going on OH visa as he is a joiner and we are applying for skilled PR.

we are looking at mango hill/north lakes at the moment, where are you thinking.

theres me OH and 2 kids aged 5 and will be 16

why cant you go untill dec/ jan is this because you cant apply until you qualify.

would be great to hear how you go

cheryl xx
Originally Posted by ruthnurse
Hi there, my name is Ruth, I qualify in June 2009! 13 Months. I am very keen to move to Aus but am aware I will not be able to leave until the Dec/Jan as have to wait for PIN.

I am planning to go on the 457 Sponsored Visa and work at a Hospital in Brisbane. I am unsure as to go with the Public or Private sector, all opinions gratefully received. I am also unsure when to apply for the Visa, I know it may take a while to get, maybe up to a year???? and that I have leave before the Visa runs out, which will be 12 months.

My husband will be working on the Visa and we will be taking our 3 children. We are selling the house this December so we are very keen to be gone the following Christmas as we will be rented until we leave. As you can see we are very keen!!!! My brother and his family live there and my dad plans to join us there.

Hi Ruth

i am a student midwife who also qualifys in aug 2009. i am looking for a grad program but for midwifery i wanted to look at brisbane womens but hae recently been thinking about Redcliffe hospital.

why cant you go untill dec/ jan is this because you cant apply until you qualify.

cheryl xx

I am keen to talk to people now as time is ticking by! I would also like to hook up with fellow nurses when I get there!! I do not know anyone!

I am 32 and determined to fulfull our dream and get the hell of here!!!
Old Feb 26th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

lyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant futurelyndhurst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by lyndhurst
Hi Ruth

cheryl xx
oops
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

ruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really niceruthnurse is just really nice

Hia Cheryl,

We visited Redcliffe and I spoke to a Nurse who works at the hospital, but was chilling on the beach with her two kids, she loves it there, its an up and coming place so property may be a littler cheaper too. There is an amazing lagoona there right on the beach kids loved it, beautiful and FREE!!!

How are finding the study?? Tough with kids, but I am having the time of my life, met some wicked girls and have been having a ball. My life is mine again, sometimes!! lol

My husband is a recently qualified welder he is also a keen black smith and wants to build a forge and start up his own business when we get there. We loved Buderim, wicked place, you can see it online they have a website. Its about 20 mins from sunshine coast and an hour away from brisbane, where my brother lives with his wife and daughter.

We loved brisbane and the sunshine coast!! and can't wait to get back there.

I finish in June July 09, have to apply for NMC registration when I get my pin which will prop be September time, then I have to wait for NMC to get back to me then I can apply for the Sponsored 457 Visa, so I guess by the time we have done all that we will be there for Christmas, fingers crossed!!!

We are going to put the house on the market this December, which is the thing I know I am going to find the hardest to do, I love my home, its the kids home and we have worked hard to make it home, I will make home again in Aus, but renting for a year I am sure will be tough, I just know I will be longing for a base and have the kids things for them.... But we will do this, whatever it takes, we are so excited to have a new life. I am 33 been with my husband for 16 years and we need a little buzz in our lives, a change and an adventure.

My kids are 2, 6 and 9 Ruben, Florence and Eliot.

I am aware that Eliot will be 10 and is starting to get close with his friends now so I am keen to leave before he is too attached. Feel cruel really but its the only way, leave it any later and he will won't want to go.

Let me know how you get on

Ruth