Grad Nursing Programme Perth

Old Sep 12th 2006, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

heggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really nice
Default Grad Nursing Programme Perth

Hi,

wonder if anyone can help me. I have read a couple of posts on here re graduate nursing programme and wondered how I would apply. I am due to qualify in adult nursing in Feb/March 07, and hoping to go to Peel area asap.

A friend in Perth suggested applying for a Grad programme, but thinks I won't be able to get one as they are really difficult for overseas nurses to obtain. Having read some of the posts a few newly qualified nurses have been successful (very encouraging!). My other option is getting 6-12 months experience behind me as I understand it is difficult to get sponsorship without experience.

Is anyone able to shed any light on the Grad programme and experience things? Cheers
Old Sep 12th 2006, 5:58 pm
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Grad Nursing Programme Perth

I've got a graduate position waiting for me in Qld for next year, don't qualify till Feb. Think I was fortunate that I contacted the hospital just as they were in the middle of a recruitment drive.
I also made contact with the Royal Perth Hospital and was invited to apply but didn't pursue this option because I didn't really want to be in Perth. Certainly worth emailing the hospitals, overseas nurses can only get these positions if there aren't enough australian grads to fill the spaces but who knows you may be lucky
Old Sep 12th 2006, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

heggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really niceheggie is just really nice

Originally Posted by wannabauzzienurse
I've got a graduate position waiting for me in Qld for next year, don't qualify till Feb. Think I was fortunate that I contacted the hospital just as they were in the middle of a recruitment drive.
I also made contact with the Royal Perth Hospital and was invited to apply but didn't pursue this option because I didn't really want to be in Perth. Certainly worth emailing the hospitals, overseas nurses can only get these positions if there aren't enough australian grads to fill the spaces but who knows you may be lucky

That's fantastic! Sorry to ask more questions, but what visa will you need to apply for, or have you already done this? Think i will take your advice & apply now as I qualify the same time as you. Am moving to the Peel area so was thinking of applying to the Royal Perth and Freemantle too as it'll be about same distance between the two. Thanks for the info - who knows, I may get lucky!
Old Sep 12th 2006, 8:21 pm

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by heggie
That's fantastic! Sorry to ask more questions, but what visa will you need to apply for, or have you already done this? Think i will take your advice & apply now as I qualify the same time as you. Am moving to the Peel area so was thinking of applying to the Royal Perth and Freemantle too as it'll be about same distance between the two. Thanks for the info - who knows, I may get lucky!
They will sponsor me for a 457 temp visa for speed and I can apply for the regional sponsored migration which is PR once we get there.
When I was in contact with the Royal Perth they said they use the ENS visa which is also PR.
Let us know how you get on
Old Sep 12th 2006, 8:42 pm
Forum Regular

They will sponsor me for a 457 temp visa for speed and I can apply for the regional sponsored migration which is PR once we get there.
When I was in contact with the Royal Perth they said they use the ENS visa which is also PR.
Let us know how you get on
I will - am actually looking at the website now! I hadn't actually looked at the ENS visa at all so that's another thing to confuse me with! Have a few friends in the Peel area, one of which is a MNH but with years of experience who went via an agency and they suggested regional sponsored migration (as the area isn't in perth itself). Did you apply for anything else or just the grad prog in QLD? Wondered if it would be worth me applying for level 1 jobs coming up to qualifying? But, thought the grad prog would possibly ease me in a little more gently (ie diff country & way of working & also moving from student to qualified).

Thanks again for the help.
Old Sep 12th 2006, 9:03 pm

I will - am actually looking at the website now! I hadn't actually looked at the ENS visa at all so that's another thing to confuse me with! Have a few friends in the Peel area, one of which is a MNH but with years of experience who went via an agency and they suggested regional sponsored migration (as the area isn't in perth itself). Did you apply for anything else or just the grad prog in QLD? Wondered if it would be worth me applying for level 1 jobs coming up to qualifying? But, thought the grad prog would possibly ease me in a little more gently (ie diff country & way of working & also moving from student to qualified).

Thanks again for the help.
No I didn't apply for anything else just the graduate programme, like you say it will be hard enough in a new country so I'm keen to get the bit of extra support that's on offer. The other good thing about the grad prog is that you get the opportunity to rotate around different areas and find something you like
Old Sep 16th 2006, 7:00 pm
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Grad Nursing Programme Perth

No I didn't apply for anything else just the graduate programme, like you say it will be hard enough in a new country so I'm keen to get the bit of extra support that's on offer. The other good thing about the grad prog is that you get the opportunity to rotate around different areas and find something you like
Just wanted to say a BIG thanks for your advice. Have contacted a couple of places direct - 2 of which seem really keen. Have asked for my CV, references etc, and they've told me they'll get back to me for phone interview in next couple of wks, they've said they know can't fill their quota with aussie grads so will be looking at overseas. Any idea what kind of salary they offer for GNP?

Who knows, I just may be lucky!
Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:20 pm
Forum Regular

carolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nicecarolwilk34 is just really nice

Hi

I had an interview last week for the graduate programme at Rockingham Kwinana General Hospital and was successful so start in Feb. I qualified last week and we are going out on my huby's 457 visa

Have attached the link so that you can apply online.

Good luck.

Carol

http://www.jobs.wa.gov.au

Just wanted to say a BIG thanks for your advice. Have contacted a couple of places direct - 2 of which seem really keen. Have asked for my CV, references etc, and they've told me they'll get back to me for phone interview in next couple of wks, they've said they know can't fill their quota with aussie grads so will be looking at overseas. Any idea what kind of salary they offer for GNP?

Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:21 pm

That sounds promising! I think for beginners the basic salary starts at about $40000 (approx £17000) plus all the unsocial hours payments...not much really is it
Good luck with your interviews
Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carolwilk34
Hi

I had an interview last week for the graduate programme at Rockingham Kwinana General Hospital and was successful so start in Feb. I qualified last week and we are going out on my huby's 457 visa

Have attached the link so that you can apply online.

Good luck.

Carol

http://www.jobs.wa.gov.au

Thanks Carol and Congratulations!! Rockingham would be fab, so will def apply, will keep you informed! Well done!
Old Sep 16th 2006, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

That sounds promising! I think for beginners the basic salary starts at about $40000 (approx £17000) plus all the unsocial hours payments...not much really is it
Good luck with your interviews
No, the salary isn't the best, but I guess being a nurse you kind of expect it! Thanks for the good luck messages - will let you know how I do, but you may hear from me beforehand when the panic sets in!!! Thanks again.