Further Education.

Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:18 am
Forum Regular

Simpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really niceSimpleton is just really nice
Default Further Education.

Hello! I am interested to know how well supported further training is in Australia. I have done my Nursing diploma here in the UK, and studied part time to obtain my honours degree. If I was staying here then I would be interested in choosing a specialty and studying to masters level. What options are available in Australia?

Also, what options are available to me if I choose to travel over a period of weeks/months from one side of Aus to the other, would I be able to work in Nursing along the way (if I get PR ) or would I have to do the strawberry picking type work?

Either way I'm excited at the prospects
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

noofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nicenoofie is just really nice
Default Re: Further Education.

Will be interesting to hear others experience of this.

I did a Midwifery Diploma and am currently doing stand alone modules so I can get an honours degree - just hope I can continure once I get to Australia.
Old Jan 19th 2008, 11:42 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Further Education.

Hello! I am interested to know how well supported further training is in Australia.
What do you mean by "well supported"? Financially? Depends if you qualify for local rates, or for a fully-paid or Commonwealth-supported (subsidised) place. My Masters degree cost me $3700 last year, and will cost me around a further $4000 to finish this year.

All of the unis have websites which list the options so you'll have to research whatever your specialty is.

If you're a PR, and you have a registration in each state you travel to, you can work wherever you like in nursing. There is talk of a national registration rather than state-based, which would be nice, but who knows when or if we'll get it. It's quite expensive to be registered in multiple states. Alternatively, you can work for an agency which does short-term placements around the country.