Dual Skills Assessment - Is It Necessary

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 2:35 pm
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough
Default Dual Skills Assessment - Is It Necessary

Hi,
First post, so hello to everyone. I have read through some posts, and I have also read through the 47sk immigration document. I am thinking of emigrating to Australia, the bank shifts are or have dried up, and finding it very difficult to get a permanent position in my part of the country (West Midlands).

So I am just about to embark on the process which by reading the posts, quite a considerable amount of you have or are about to complete. So well done to all, I can only imagine it takes a considerable amount of effort.

I am a trained RGN, with ten years full time experience, so feel confident about the visa application. My post is really in regards to my relationship/ de-facto spouse.

We have been living together for ten years, (not married) have a joint bank account, have had a mortgage together, but not now, been in rented accommodation for the past eighteen months, both names on the rental agreement. Also got holiday photo’s going back when we both looked a lot better for wear (younger I suppose). A local JP will also sign a stat declaration verifying our long term relationship etc.

What I am unclear on is the skills assessment for my other half, he is a toolmaker, but not worked in the trade for the past ten years. I am quite confident that he would pass this TRA assessment, as he is time served, and also has seven years post training experience.

I know he could not go as the main applicant, because he has been out of the trade for the past few years, but he could go as the second applicant, on my application I think.

What I am asking as I am confused about; is it worth him completing his TRA skills assessment. As the cost incurred could be a couple of hundred pounds. Will it benefit our application in any way in terms of increasing our chances of success, or will it be judged in the same way as if I just completed my skills assessment, and he would be able to go as the second applicant due to our relationship.

I do not want to go to all the trouble of his paperwork and the cost only to find out that this was not necessary due to me passing my nursing skills assessment etc.

Its just I do not see the point in carrying out two skills assessment when only one is necessary, but if carrying out two skills assessments would increase our chances of success then maybe we should go to the trouble?

Any feed back is very much appreciated; I just want to keep the costs down, before I embark on the visa process.

Thanks Nurse Bank.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:13 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dual Skills Assessment - Is It Necessary

Originally Posted by Nursebank
Hi,
First post, so hello to everyone. I have read through some posts, and I have also read through the 47sk immigration document. I am thinking of emigrating to Australia, the bank shifts are or have dried up, and finding it very difficult to get a permanent position in my part of the country (West Midlands).

So I am just about to embark on the process which by reading the posts, quite a considerable amount of you have or are about to complete. So well done to all, I can only imagine it takes a considerable amount of effort.

I am a trained RGN, with ten years full time experience, so feel confident about the visa application. My post is really in regards to my relationship/ de-facto spouse.

We have been living together for ten years, (not married) have a joint bank account, have had a mortgage together, but not now, been in rented accommodation for the past eighteen months, both names on the rental agreement. Also got holiday photo’s going back when we both looked a lot better for wear (younger I suppose). A local JP will also sign a stat declaration verifying our long term relationship etc.

What I am unclear on is the skills assessment for my other half, he is a toolmaker, but not worked in the trade for the past ten years. I am quite confident that he would pass this TRA assessment, as he is time served, and also has seven years post training experience.

I know he could not go as the main applicant, because he has been out of the trade for the past few years, but he could go as the second applicant, on my application I think.

What I am asking as I am confused about; is it worth him completing his TRA skills assessment. As the cost incurred could be a couple of hundred pounds. Will it benefit our application in any way in terms of increasing our chances of success, or will it be judged in the same way as if I just completed my skills assessment, and he would be able to go as the second applicant due to our relationship.

I do not want to go to all the trouble of his paperwork and the cost only to find out that this was not necessary due to me passing my nursing skills assessment etc.

Its just I do not see the point in carrying out two skills assessment when only one is necessary, but if carrying out two skills assessments would increase our chances of success then maybe we should go to the trouble?

Any feed back is very much appreciated; I just want to keep the costs down, before I embark on the visa process.

Thanks Nurse Bank.
As a nurse you should be able to get PR pretty easily and your partner could then migrate as your spouse/partner but I think you will have to prove relationship.

G
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:54 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nursebank

If he hasn't got recent skilled work experience and otherwise meets the basic requirements for skilled migration, it will not help at all.

He should just go as a dependent on your application, if you can prove your relationship.

If he wants to work in his trade in Australia, he may need a separate skill assessment later on. However this could be different from the migration skill assessment process.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 8:12 pm
Banned

Nursebank will become famous soon enoughNursebank will become famous soon enough

Thanks for any past and future replies.

So the time, effort and cost will be wasted on his skills assessment, as it will NOT improve our chances at all?

We can easily provide evidence of our long term (too long sometimes) relationship because of the paper trail a long term relationship leaves behind, well i hope so, never take nothing for granted?

Thanks again everyone, i just do not want to limit our chances through lack of effort, but do not want to waste cost, and time which may be needless and not improve our chances?