Dont make a mistake

Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont make a mistake

Originally Posted by jimtrish
thats the great thing about this site, everyone helps out if poss, and having been in a similiar situation..hence doing the course, it was all i could do to offer my help.

<a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=chat&v=55">chat</a> to you soon

Trish
hi trish,
good luck with the interview...when is it? rather you than me! i'm crap at interviews at the best of times in the flesh never mind on the phone, well i suppose they wont see the wine bottle and the valium!!!
i've an interview next week, havent mentioned about moving to oz in 06 on my application form....ooops must have slipped my mind!

anyway, all the best i'm sure you'll be great, and dont forget to let us know

debbie x
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debbiemc
hi trish,
good luck with the interview...when is it? rather you than me! i'm crap at interviews at the best of times in the flesh never mind on the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=phone&v=55">phone</a>, well i suppose they wont see the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=wine&v=55">wine</a> bottle and the valium!!!
i've an interview next week, havent mentioned about <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=moving&v=55">moving</a> to oz in 06 on my application form....ooops must have slipped my mind!

anyway, all the best i'm sure you'll be great, and dont forget to let us know

debbie x
ps, forget to send you some karma....on its way now
Old Oct 12th 2004, 2:32 am
BE Enthusiast

marysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nicemarysidey is just really nice

Just read through thread SOOO glad you may have seen the s[ark of a solution dont give up I really do believe if you want something enough you can find a way we are all rooting for you karma on the way love mary
Old Oct 12th 2004, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

hi debbie,

thanks for that and thanks for the karma, need truck loads!! stomach is performing its own acrobatics! im nights tonight (i do them permanently) so will hopefully be wide awake for the call as i finish at 6am.
will of course let everyone know how i get on, thanks for all your support.

chat soon

Trish :scared:
Old Mar 31st 2006, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

Darwin Days is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Re: Dont make a mistake

Originally Posted by ireland
hi guys it looks as if i have made a very very BIG mistake I got my skills assessed and applied for Sydney NSW,but I did not apply to have my skills assessed by the ANC as I thought it said that enrolled nurses need not apply to the ANC to have this done so I just applied to NSW and sent that documentation to the ASPC and it looks like it is too late as I turned 45 yesterday I am posting this so as others do not make the same error as I have done Good luck to all my nursing colleagues in the quest for Oz I will keep watching and keep my fingers crossed for you all

Dear Ireland
I have read your message with MUCH interest. I am an EN hoping to migrate to Oz on a RSMS Visa. I have applied directly to the nurses board of NT as I also understood that ANMC do not carry out a skills assessment for EN or Registered Nurse Level2 as we are in the UK.
I cannot find any more information on this subject and although you posted 2 years ago I hope you are still around on the BE website.
Many Thanks Ireland
Kind Regards
Darwin Days
Old Mar 31st 2006, 5:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi Darwin Days

I just spotted your post im still here just finishing doing dploma/conversion( 1 year) course which with any luck should finish in May this year once all the final results come in. If you like you can semd me a pm .

take care

ireland
Old Apr 5th 2006, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Foster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant futureFoster Clan has a brilliant future

Hi Ireland

What's your plan of action once you have finished in May? Not sure how old your kids are but are they still up for coming to Australia?

Jo

Hi Darwin Days

I just spotted your post im still here just finishing doing dploma/conversion( 1 year) course which with any luck should finish in May this year once all the final results come in. If you like you can semd me a pm .

take care

ireland
Old Apr 5th 2006, 8:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Dont make a mistake

feel for you Ireland, i emailed ANMC to ask regarding en's as i too am an en and i was told that they couldn't help me as they only deal with registered nurses they advised me to contact the relevant nurse boards for advice. it seems as though us en's have to fight every corner of the way to get any where so un fair.
if you did goto to NZ and got citizenship there you would be eligible to apply to AUS from there long way round to go but i have heard of people doing it.
good look with the future
Mandy
Old Apr 6th 2006, 1:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Hi Jo and Mandy

Yes im very much up for OZ kids are 7/8 and they cant wait hopefully once course finished will apply to regional areas for sponsorship for the RSMS visa im already registered in nsw as an enrolled but hoping for Townsville as a level 1,

I agree with you Mnady we are always having to go the hard way for anything but have you applied to do the conversion read my friends posts (Jimtrish) she has done her conversion and now gone to Oz and loving it I travel once a week from Manchester to London to uni as this was the only uni I saw did the course in 1 year fingers crossed it will all be worth it in the end
Old Apr 6th 2006, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

geordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond reputegeordie mandy has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Dont make a mistake

Hi Jo and Mandy

Yes im very much up for OZ kids are 7/8 and they cant wait hopefully once course finished will apply to regional areas for sponsorship for the RSMS visa im already registered in nsw as an enrolled but hoping for Townsville as a level 1,

I agree with you Mnady we are always having to go the hard way for anything but have you applied to do the conversion read my friends posts (Jimtrish) she has done her conversion and now gone to Oz and loving it I travel once a week from Manchester to London to uni as this was the only uni I saw did the course in 1 year fingers crossed it will all be worth it in the end
Ive been trying ages to get an conversion course done,its like banging my head against a brick wall. with oh in army and living away from home it is so hard. I have done a dip in health and social welfare with the ou and start a degree in oct with ou in health care. Hopefully i will have finished it by the time we come to oz. as i havent worked for 3 years but have renewed my pin i was told i didnt need to to do a return to work course. The advisor i spoke to said i could always work in a nursing home, as they aren't bothered who they employ. made me feel really crap
Old Apr 9th 2006, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Mandy,

Hope things work out for you I know its hard trying to fit things round kiddies, im sure you will be fine
keep in touch and let me know how you are getting on
love ireland
Old Apr 10th 2006, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by geordie mandy
feel for you Ireland, i emailed ANMC to ask regarding en's as i too am an en and i was told that they couldn't help me as they only deal with registered nurses they advised me to contact the relevant nurse boards for advice. it seems as though us en's have to fight every corner of the way to get any where so un fair.
if you did goto to NZ and got citizenship there you would be eligible to apply to AUS from there long way round to go but i have heard of people doing it.
good look with the future
Mandy

Sorry, but NZ is not an option for EN's. You would be given the title nurse assistant and can only work in very limted area of practice, such as long term care. You can not give mediation other than oral meds {so no i.v's, sub cuts etc}. Do not think you can use qualification for immigration purpose.

Sorry Gill
Old Apr 10th 2006, 1:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hi Gill You are very right an EN cannot get to OZ or NZ on that qualification I registered in NSW as an EN but I made a mistake hence why Im doing the conversion
Would not like to be treated a s an nursing assistant after working ICU and Cardiac all these years.

ireland