Dont make a mistake

Old Oct 2nd 2004, 9:39 am
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of
Unhappy Re: Dont make a mistake

Thanks Guys for your replies, It is a big disappointing have tried all the options but looks like a no go I am waiting for DIMIA to return the visa application with the dreaded words REJECTED I dont understand why NSW NRB would even issue me with a certificate if I was not able to get a visa even told them what I wanted the application for and according to them yes we know you are eligible to work here ,even paid the NMC-34 pouds to send my verification to the NSW NRB really think they should say no we dont want you or words to that effect,or realize that RN level 2 in this country train longer and do more than thier Australian counterparts, but it doesnt look like that it is going to happen I am gutted mainly for the children its hard to explain to a 6 and 5 year old that mama is not really a nurse (or not by Australian standards anyway) so I guess its going have to be plenty of trips to Mc Donalds etc to cheer them up. Best Wishes to you all keep smiling that all important yellow envelope may not be that far away from your letterbox xx
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Dont make a mistake

Originally Posted by ireland
Thanks Guys for your replies, It is a big disappointing have tried all the options but looks like a no go I am waiting for DIMIA to return the visa application with the dreaded words REJECTED I dont understand why NSW NRB would even issue me with a certificate if I was not able to get a visa even told them what I wanted the application for and according to them yes we know you are eligible to work here ,even paid the NMC-34 pouds to send my verification to the NSW NRB really think they should say no we dont want you or words to that effect,or realize that RN level 2 in this country train longer and do more than thier Australian counterparts, but it doesnt look like that it is going to happen I am gutted mainly for the children its hard to explain to a 6 and 5 year old that mama is not really a nurse (or not by Australian standards anyway) so I guess its going have to be plenty of trips to Mc Donalds etc to cheer them up. Best Wishes to you all keep smiling that all important yellow envelope may not be that far away from your letterbox xx
Ireland, dont ever let anyone tell you youre not a nurse due to being and enrolled nurse, you are and an excellent one im sure. The trouble is, as an enrolled nurse, jobs are plentiful and you can register with a nursing board out there, but, you cant migrate as an enrolled nurse.
I tried to start the process quite some time ago and even paid my first instalment to the agent,but when I read the bit about EN's not needing to do the ANC form, alarm bells rang. I then rang my agent, (who had known I was an enrolled nurse) only to find out I wasnt eligible until I was RN.
So I do know how you feel. You could look into seeing if you could get sponsorship and then convert out there, or look into converting over here, if you can do it full time you can do it in 12-18 months. The world would be your oyster then.
I can only do it part time so have done it over 2 years.....and counting!

All the very best,

Trish
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 1:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys for your replies, It is a big disappointing have tried all the options but looks like a no go I am waiting for DIMIA to return the visa application with the dreaded words REJECTED I dont understand why NSW NRB would even issue me with a certificate if I was not able to get a visa even told them what I wanted the application for and according to them yes we know you are eligible to work here
State registration is for the purposes of *employment* not general skilled migration. Some visa types just look at whether you have met state registration requirements and don't ask for ANCI assessment.

However it is clearly stated in the Skilled Migration Booklet and form 1121i that the ANCI is the assessing authority for general skilled migration. Generally speaking - if a form or booklet says something it means *exactly* that and not something else.

Jeremy
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

ireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud ofireland has much to be proud of

Thanks Trish, Oh I know Im a nurse alright I have just worked a late shift with 1 other qualified and 1 aux. 29 bedded acute ward and I fully understand what you say about converting was supposed to do it but mother had c. arrest and father needed nursing at home so there was no option he needed me and that was that. Anyway who knows life is what you make it, hope you hear soon I will keep looking on the forum and smiling when folks are granted the visas GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE X
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 10:13 pm
Just Joined

pclrock is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ireland

I am 50 years Young and have now been in OZ for 6 weeks. I have a PR visa (RSMS). I was sponsored by a hospital in Victoria, not my first choice, but beggers can't be choosers! I was EN and did the conversion to RN. It was very hard as I was self funding that means working for the NHS full time for one year and not being paid. But I was very determined. If I had given up I would not have been able to get a visa. Just think, if you go for the conversion course soon you and your family could be settled in OZ before you are out of your forties! please dont give up. Good luck

Thanks Trish, Oh I know Im a nurse alright I have just worked a late shift with 1 other qualified and 1 aux. 29 bedded acute ward and I fully understand what you say about converting was supposed to do it but mother had c. arrest and father needed nursing at home so there was no option he needed me and that was that. Anyway who knows life is what you make it, hope you hear soon I will keep looking on the forum and smiling when folks are granted the visas GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE X
Old Oct 2nd 2004, 10:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Question Re: Dont make a mistake

I am in the process of trying to get on the course like you I will have to self fund how did you get passed DIMIA with the age thing I turned 45 last week, I would be very interested to know dont understand the rsms route very well, your help would be appreciated thanks, cant really do it in 1 year have 2 young children, would have to do it part time I think
Old Oct 4th 2004, 12:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond reputejimtrish has a reputation beyond repute

I am in the process of trying to get on the course like you I will have to self fund how did you get passed DIMIA with the age thing I turned 45 last week, I would be very interested to know dont understand the rsms route very well, your help would be appreciated thanks, cant really do it in 1 year have 2 young children, would have to do it part time I think
hi there,

apparantly, going RSMS route the age limit is not such an important factor, so definately worth looking into for you. Jeremy (JAJ) gives excellent advice.
There are companies who will fund you, some of my group have gone this route, if you wanted, i could find out company names for you.
Doing the course isnt hard, its the juggling of 'life' around it, I have 3 kids (9,7and 4) and work perm nights. Luckily my hubby has 2-3 days off a week and so I could do placements on these days. If you could do it full time, your dream would be realised more quickly, my course is part time and takes 2 years, and even if you get all your work done more quickly, you still have to wait for the 2 years.

Keep smiling

Trish
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Dont make a mistake

Thanks I would appreciate it a lot re- those company names, waiting to find out about new regulations regarding conversion, I just hope that they dont chande the rules from DIMIA, speak to you soon
Old Oct 4th 2004, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

[QUOTE=ireland]Thanks I would appreciate it a lot re- those company names, waiting to find out about new regulations regarding conversion, I just hope that they dont chande the rules from DIMIA, speak to you soon[/QUOT

hi there,

just waiting for a reply from one of my mates and will then forward info to you. what new regulations regarding conversion? sure all will be well.

Trish
Old Oct 4th 2004, 4:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=jimtrish]
Thanks I would appreciate it a lot re- those company names, waiting to find out about new regulations regarding conversion, I just hope that they dont chande the rules from DIMIA, speak to you soon[/QUOT

hi there,

just waiting for a reply from one of my mates and will then forward info to you. what new regulations regarding conversion? sure all will be well.

Trish
Apparently re- the amount of hours etc you can work if you are converting I didnt really hear most of it as it was being discissed on the ward a few days ago,thanks for taking the time to get info for me really appreciated
Old Oct 6th 2004, 11:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently re- the amount of hours etc you can work if you are converting I didnt really hear most of it as it was being discissed on the ward a few days ago,thanks for taking the <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=time&v=55">time</a> to get info for me really appreciated
good luck to you ireland, i hope jimntrish have given you new hope.

regards debbie x
Old Oct 6th 2004, 4:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Smile Re: Dont make a mistake

Originally Posted by debbiemc
good luck to you ireland, i hope jimntrish have given you new hope.

regards debbie x
Thanks Debbie, In the process of exploring new options Trish is a star she has given me new hope I will get there eventally x
Old Oct 6th 2004, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Debbie, In the process of exploring new options Trish is a star she has given me new hope I will get there eventally x
thats the great thing about this site, everyone helps out if poss, and having been in a similiar situation..hence doing the course, it was all i could do to offer my help.

chat to you soon

Trish
Old Oct 11th 2004, 10:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: in a place near the river and the sea where the sun always shines
debbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond reputedebbiemc has a reputation beyond repute

hello ireland,

noticed you were on line, how have you been getting on with exploring then?? are things looking more positive?

i was on nights last night and am wide awake because i slept in too long today so no doubt will be on here for most of the night! god i hate nights!!

debbie x
Old Oct 11th 2004, 11:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by debbiemc
hello ireland,

noticed you were on line, how have you been getting on with exploring then?? are things looking more positive?

i was on nights last night and am wide awake because i slept in too long today so no doubt will be on here for most of the night! god i hate nights!!

debbie x
Hi Debbie, I am exploring new options I havent given up yet I know the feeling was on nights a few weeks ago,I am on an early in the morning and yes its ward round day lots of discharges I expect so I really should be going to bed soon. I hope you get some sleep Trish got some good news she has a telephone interview soon but Im sure she will be A1 with it Talk to you x

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.