do you need anmc and nbwa

Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

emmajjpaul is a jewel in the roughemmajjpaul is a jewel in the roughemmajjpaul is a jewel in the roughemmajjpaul is a jewel in the rough
Default do you need anmc and nbwa

hi

i am hoping to apply for midwifery jobs in perth, as usual am confused again!!

do you need to apply to the anmc and the nbwa??

emma
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 1:39 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: do you need anmc and nbwa

Originally Posted by emmajjpaul
hi

i am hoping to apply for midwifery jobs in perth, as usual am confused again!!

do you need to apply to the anmc and the nbwa??

emma
What visa do you have or are applying for?

You need to register in a state to practice. If you have a temp visa or already have a visa or are on someone else's visa then you do not need to go through the ANMC.

If you need the points for a skilled independent visa then you need to be assessed by the ANMC.

G
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 3:54 pm
Forum Regular

emmajjpaul is a jewel in the roughemmajjpaul is a jewel in the roughemmajjpaul is a jewel in the roughemmajjpaul is a jewel in the rough

thanks for reply

depends,was origanlly going down the permant visa route therefore started to compile stuff for that but then spoke to a recruiting agency who suggested a sponsered visa and only gave me info on the nbwa.which requires exactly the same info but it doesnt once mention the anmc. hence my confusion.

hope you can shed some light

emma
Old Feb 2nd 2007, 7:04 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

thanks for reply

depends,was origanlly going down the permant visa route therefore started to compile stuff for that but then spoke to a recruiting agency who suggested a sponsered visa and only gave me info on the nbwa.which requires exactly the same info but it doesnt once mention the anmc. hence my confusion.

hope you can shed some light

emma
For that visa you go through the NBWA as it is temporary.

However it is not a good idea to go on a temporary visa if you can get a PR visa.

There are all sorts of problems with temporary visas (and with agencies).

As a nurse you can get PR and a job pretty easily so save yourself a lot of potential hassle and go for PR in the first place.

On a temporary visa you are tied to your sponsor and can not leave the job whether you like it or not or you have to leave the country.

On a PR visa you can do what you want.

G
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:56 am
Forum Regular

thanks for that info,

we were only going to go to oz for a few years to see if we like it which is why i was thinking of the more temporary option, and i believe evan on a pr you have to stay in the state you apply for for 12 months before you are free to go where ever you want.

The agency led me to believe it's easier to apply for a pr when you in oz. are they stringing me yarn?

regards emma
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:25 am
Bitter and twisted

thanks for that info,

we were only going to go to oz for a few years to see if we like it which is why i was thinking of the more temporary option, and i believe evan on a pr you have to stay in the state you apply for for 12 months before you are free to go where ever you want.

The agency led me to believe it's easier to apply for a pr when you in oz. are they stringing me yarn?

regards emma
If you have an independent PR visa you can go where you like, when you like.

You are only tied for a period of time if you have an employer sponsored or state sponsored visa and these are less restrictive than a temporary visa.

It is not easier to get PR when in Australia....in fact you have to leave the country for a while in order for it to be granted.

Be very careful with agencies.... some can be pretty underhand. If you must go on a temporary visa then get your sponsorship directly from a hospital rather that an agency as the agency is more interested in their profits than your welfare. You may find yourself placed in an unpopular, hard to fill, position and be unable to do anything about it....you would not be the first....be warned.

As a nurse then PR is pretty easy to get and there are plenty of jobs so why risk the hassle?

G
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 1:21 pm
Forum Regular

thanks again it's so good to be able to ask someone with the experience. i will apply independantly and will have to learn to be more patient about going.

Where did you go or are going?
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:11 pm
Bitter and twisted

thanks again it's so good to be able to ask someone with the experience. i will apply independantly and will have to learn to be more patient about going.

Where did you go or are going?
I have a parent visa and have recently retired in the UK.

I have NSW and QLD registration but am not sure if I will work.

Waiting for my wife to retire.

G
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Thumbs down Re: do you need anmc and nbwa

since last thread have spoken to an immigration agent who said i am 5 points short for a pr, unless i invest £££ or get a job offer, which is unlikely inview of the fact i wont know when i am going to get there. so looks like sponsership may be my only option.
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:50 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

since last thread have spoken to an immigration agent who said i am 5 points short for a pr, unless i invest £££ or get a job offer, which is unlikely inview of the fact i wont know when i am going to get there. so looks like sponsership may be my only option.
How old are you? It's very unusual for nurses not to meet the points test.

Also - have you considered a Skill Matching visa sponsored by WA? Permanent visa and no points test: http://www.migration.wa.gov.au
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

am 36, have been part time for years. so dont qualify for the work exp points, apparantly! I will definatly look into the skill matching visa.

thanks again

emma
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 11:30 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

am 36, have been part time for years. so dont qualify for the work exp points, apparantly! I will definatly look into the skill matching visa.
You need 6 months experience at 20+ hours a week for the skill matching visa, to meet DIMA requirements.
Old Feb 4th 2007, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

looks like you've solved my problem , thank you xxx
good luck with your own decisions. HAPPY RETIREMENT