CV TIPS for OZ jobs

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 4:48 am
ad4ozz

Question CV TIPS for OZ jobs

Hi everyone

Have anyone in OZ or Uk who has got a job in OZ.
What sort of things did you put in your CV that got you the job.

Know it sounds like bit of a silly question but keep hearing they like things different and for starters did you call your CV a Resume???

Any help appreciated, I'm at the get a job quick stage so I know where to get a house to rent... :scared: :scared: :scared: .

Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:31 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: CV TIPS for OZ jobs

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
Hi everyone

Know it sounds like bit of a silly question but keep hearing they like things different and for starters did you call your CV a Resume???

Any help appreciated, I'm at the get a job quick stage so I know where to get a house to rent... :scared: :scared: :scared: .
My CV was not that comprehensive, I have only been qualified for 18months, but I was interviewed 2 weeks ago and they commented how well presented and professional my CV was. A friend who lives in Oz said when he sees CV's from a lot of Australians they are not very good, usually written and not very well set out.
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 6:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Robbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to allRobbo2 is a name known to all

Hi everyone

Hi,
Hubby and I both sent CV's which weren't that impressive, but we both got offered jobs. I would be happy to send you an outline if this would help.
Claire. x
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 8:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Ann

If you pm me your e mail address, I will send you my CV, to give you an idea of how I lay mine out.

Paul
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by paulb
Ann

If you pm me your e mail address, I will send you my CV, to give you an idea of how I lay mine out.

Paul
Ditto
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 11:43 am
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Hi everyone

If you are wanting a job in the public sector you will need to do selection criteria. They don't take much notice of your cv. And take my word for it the selection criteria are a nightmare!

Rachel
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RReed
If you are wanting a job in the public sector you will need to do selection criteria. They don't take much notice of your cv. And take my word for it the selection criteria are a nightmare!

Rachel

Rachel

I've heard about this. tell us more please.

Paul
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

RReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud ofRReed has much to be proud of

Rachel

Paul
I think I ranted at length (as usual) about this and included an attachment of my selection criteria for level 2.
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...0&page=7&pp=15

Rachel
Old Jun 22nd 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Rachel

Paul
Found a level 1 nursing selection criteria. If you are heading for Queensland and are interested in public hospital work search the jobs on the Queensland Health web site:
http://www.thinknursing.com/Files/00...ingForWork.asp
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
QE-111Q-2005-PD.pdf (52.7 KB, 140 views)
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 7:14 am
ad4ozz

Thanks everyone.... have took it all on board.

PS/

What's that blue card thing again???