North East meet?

Old May 4th 2005, 8:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute
Default North East meet?

Hi,
Would anybody be interested in a BE meet for the North East? I have talked about it on here before with a couple of people but I got side-tracked with other things and forgot all about it Anyway I have put a post over on the other forum.
Suggested dates:
Weekend of 4/5th June or 18/19th June.
Open to suggestions for a venue. We could just go with the majority. I'm in Middlesbrough.
It would be great to meet you all and have a few
Tracey
Old May 4th 2005, 10:13 pm
ad4ozz

Default Re: North East meet?

I'm up for it Tracey ... tried before but everyone fizzled but Paul B.

Think it would be nice to meet some other people who have their lives totallllly screwed at present.

Keep us posted.. .

Old May 4th 2005, 10:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ad4ozz
I'm up for it Tracey ... tried before but everyone fizzled but Paul B.

Think it would be nice to meet some other people who have their lives totallllly screwed at present.

Keep us posted.. .
Was getting worried there, didn't think I was going to get any replies. What do you think of the dates?
Also any suggestions for a venue?
No replies yet on the other forum. Will bump it back up the top tomorrow
Tracey
Old May 5th 2005, 4:11 am
ad4ozz

Talking Re: North East meet?

Dates ok at moment. Only places I know in Middlesbrough are Teesside Uni and the Chinese eat as much as you want... .

I'm flexible can go most places between Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Durham and Sunderland as in the middle.

Anybody else any suggestions???

Food and drink or just drink... .

Old May 5th 2005, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

Dates ok at moment. Only places I know in Middlesbrough are Teesside Uni and the Chinese eat as much as you want... .

I'm flexible can go most places between Middlesbrough, Newcastle, Durham and Sunderland as in the middle.

Anybody else any suggestions???

Food and drink or just drink... .
Sounds OK to us, let us know what you arrange.
Old May 5th 2005, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

You know I would come .....if I was in the UK.
Have a great meet-up.

Gill
Old May 5th 2005, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paulb
Sounds OK to us, let us know what you arrange.
Hi,
Just sounding people out for suggestions at the moment. Do you know of a suitable venue?
I would like to bring my kids along too if nobody objected (as long as others were going or they might get a bit bored) They are girls of 16 and 14 and a boy of 9.

I'm at work for the next few days so wont be able to do much but will ask around at work if anybody knows of anywhere decent.
Tracey.
Old May 5th 2005, 6:30 pm
ad4ozz

I have a 10 year old boy I could drag along.

Venue i'm open to ideas as as I said before only know one place...would bar meal/pub be better if kids coming???

Anywhere but McDonalds... :scared: .

Old May 5th 2005, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

I have a 10 year old boy I could drag along.

Venue i'm open to ideas as as I said before only know one place...would bar meal/pub be better if kids coming???

Anywhere but McDonalds... :scared: .
That would be nice. Sue from the other forum has an eleven year old boy so the 3 can get to know each other.
A bar meal and drinks would be great. It doesn't need to be Middlesbrough, I'm happy to travel so if there's somewhere nearer to you maybe with a play area or something for the kids that would be great. As long as it's easy to find!
Sue also prefers weekend 18/19th so if that's ok for you we can make it for the Saturday that week
Tracey
Old May 6th 2005, 7:20 am
ad4ozz

18th/19th June fine. Thinking about it pub with grub would be best as gives adults chance to mingle and kids to play.

Anybody know good pub with kids entertainment bit or garden where they can run around???

Last edited by ad4ozz; May 6th 2005 at 7:20 am. Reason: add bit

Old May 10th 2005, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Previously County Durham. ENGLAND. Now in Mornington, Victoria. (via Brisbane)
paulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud ofpaulb has much to be proud of

We wnt to the Dalton Lodge on the A19 a few weeks back on a saturday afternoon and we were the only ones in except 2 other couples. It was big enough for a large group and there is a bit of a beer garden and a fenced off duck pond. Food was OK if you want some. Seems pretty central and right on the A19. Sundays are usually Ok for us.
Old May 10th 2005, 3:36 pm
ad4ozz

Is that what used to be the Red Lion Paul....sounds ok to me... .

Just need it to be a weekend without rain and hail like last weekend.

Old May 10th 2005, 3:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Is that what used to be the Red Lion Paul....sounds ok to me... .

Just need it to be a weekend without rain and hail like last weekend.
Thats the one!!

Im through for supervision next Wednesday 18th at Easington. Are you free first thing? Im at M. House fo 9.30ish.
Old May 10th 2005, 11:46 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulb
We wnt to the Dalton Lodge on the A19 a few weeks back on a saturday afternoon and we were the only ones in except 2 other couples. It was big enough for a large group and there is a bit of a beer garden and a fenced off duck pond. Food was OK if you want some. Seems pretty central and right on the A19. Sundays are usually Ok for us.

Some people rely on trains/public transport, so I'm afraid it may not be suitable for the venue to be on or near the A19 (if you know what I mean)
Old May 11th 2005, 7:51 pm
ad4ozz

Take on board what you're saying about public transport that would narrow it down to Hartlepool or Middlesbrough.

There is a Travelinn with big Brewsters pub that does meals out the back of Church St. where the train station is in Hartlepool. It's on the marina next to historic quay. Would be good place to meet thinking about it and people with kids could also go to the historic quay museum if they wanted as can get in one half free and other half you can pay to access.

Map at
http://www.premiertravelinn.com/pti/...?hotelId=23968

Historic quay info
http://www.destinationhartlepool.com...quay/index.php

Worth thinking about. How does everyone else feel???

Paul may have to work this weekend so may be off on the 18th but live near Merick House so will let you know what i'm doing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.