Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Nurses, Doctors, and other Medical/Healthcare occupations
Reload this Page >

Criminal check and fingerprints for Nursing Board Application USA

Criminal check and fingerprints for Nursing Board Application USA

Old Sep 17th 2019, 5:14 am
Just Joined

Cabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Criminal check and fingerprints for Nursing Board Application USA

Hi there,
I have applied for NCLEX RN through Pearson Vue also applied for MQA and in the process of sending my documents for Credit checks.Yesterday I have received an email regarding Criminal checks and fingerprinting requirements. I am just wondering where and how can I get that sorted from the UK.
Anyone would be able help me with this

Thank you in advance
Cabs
Old Sep 20th 2019, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Criminal check and fingerprints for Nursing Board Application USA

Originally Posted by Cabi
Hi there,
I have applied for NCLEX RN through Pearson Vue also applied for MQA and in the process of sending my documents for Credit checks.Yesterday I have received an email regarding Criminal checks and fingerprinting requirements. I am just wondering where and how can I get that sorted from the UK.
Anyone would be able help me with this

Thank you in advance
Cabs
For the criminal record check you need to go to https://www.acro.police.uk/Police_Ce...es_Online.aspx, for the fingerprints you can find out which police stations will do this we had to go to Thames Valley Police Headquarters in Kidlington Oxfordshire. Hope this helps. Are you going through a nursing agency?
Old Sep 21st 2019, 8:01 am
Just Joined

Hi, thanks for your reply. I will look into this .The agencies who I have approached are not too happy with the fact I have requested to be located only in Sarasota. There is one who said might be doable but can't do anything until I have completed NCLEX-RN. So you can understand why I am desperate to get my fingerprints and Background checks done,since it is the requirements for nclex registration. Do you think I should contact potential employers directly?
Thank you in advance
Old Sep 21st 2019, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

You say you have applied for NCLEX RN through Pearsonvue but unless the state has approved you to sit NCLEX Pearsonvue don’t do application. Did you manage to get the ok from the state to sit NCLEX?
Old Sep 21st 2019, 12:03 pm
Just Joined

Pearson Vue has acknowledge my application and I paid for it do you think I should have have waited
Old Sep 21st 2019, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

sarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond reputesarasota chic has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, thanks for your reply. I will look into this .The agencies who I have approached are not too happy with the fact I have requested to be located only in Sarasota. There is one who said might be doable but can't do anything until I have completed NCLEX-RN. So you can understand why I am desperate to get my fingerprints and Background checks done,since it is the requirements for nclex registration. Do you think I should contact potential employers directly?
Thank you in advance
I’m not sure if any US hospital recruits nurses from overseas, most hospitals with use an agency, you could try getting in touch with hospitals in and around Sarasota they can only say no.
why do you want to live in Sarasota? Do you have family there? One agency you could try in Nurses4America they used to recruit to Florida not sure if they still do though. I went through O’Grady Payton they were fine. Please keep us informed as to how everything is planning out.
Old Sep 21st 2019, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Pearson Vue has acknowledge my application and I paid for it do you think I should have have waited
Have you read state nursing requirements for International Educated Nurses? Most current trained UK nurses do not meet requirements as usually fall short with clinical and theory hours in Paeds, Mental Health, Obstetrics and most meet requirements in Adult. If you haven’t gotten approved by state then you may have to repay Pearsonvue if it takes longer than 12 months.