can mature nurse's get visa's??

Old Feb 3rd 2007, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

dazza monty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default can mature nurse's get visa's??

hi there...

my mum has just finished a registerd 3 year degree in nursing. she would love to move to oz but bcause of her age 47.. its unlikely that she could get a visa
does anyone know a visa or a way that she could get in???
any info would be much appreciated
linz
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:06 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: can mature nurse's get visa's??

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think she might get in if an employer sponsors her? maybe anyone else on here being sponsored my be able to shed some light, if not try the immigration forum, they are a helpful bunch on there!

Jackie x
Old Feb 3rd 2007, 6:48 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dazza monty
hi there...

my mum has just finished a registerd 3 year degree in nursing. she would love to move to oz but bcause of her age 47.. its unlikely that she could get a visa
does anyone know a visa or a way that she could get in???
RSMS is the obvious visa solution. Download and read booklet 5:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/index.htm
Old Feb 4th 2007, 4:37 pm
Annabella

Ann Buckley will become famous soon enough
Question Re: can mature nurse's get visa's??

I am a 'mature' nurse and am applying for a temporary visa. My daughter moved out to the Gold Coast last year (also a nurse) but on a skills visa. After 2 visits there and missing them all very much my husband and I decided to try to join them. I had a (very informal) interview with my daughters manager last time I was there. Since then (October) we have had medicals - for the job offer - and have now been offered a sponsorship. I am now awaiting a decision from Immigration and should know within 2 weeks. I then have to apply for the visa. I know some of you out there don't think that sponsorship is a good idea but I'm too old for a 136 and I know that my daughter is happy at this particular hospital. Anyone know how long things might take, assuming that I do get the go ahead?
Old Feb 4th 2007, 7:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ann Buckley
I am a 'mature' nurse and am applying for a temporary visa. My daughter moved out to the Gold Coast last year (also a nurse) but on a skills visa. After 2 visits there and missing them all very much my husband and I decided to try to join them. I had a (very informal) interview with my daughters manager last time I was there. Since then (October) we have had medicals - for the job offer - and have now been offered a sponsorship. I am now awaiting a decision from Immigration and should know within 2 weeks. I then have to apply for the visa. I know some of you out there don't think that sponsorship is a good idea but I'm too old for a 136 and I know that my daughter is happy at this particular hospital.
Why can't they sponsor for a permanent employer sponsored visa? DIMA will usually waive the 45 age limit for most nurses under 55.

How many children have you got in total?
Old Feb 5th 2007, 5:56 pm
Annabella

Red face Re: can mature nurse's get visa's??

Hi JAJ
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm 56 (very old I know but still a few years work left in me yet!!)
I have 2 children, one here and one there. Noe sure if Ramsay Health will do a permanent sponsored employee visa.
Old Feb 5th 2007, 11:34 pm
JAJ
Retired

Hi JAJ
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I'm 56 (very old I know but still a few years work left in me yet!!)
I have 2 children, one here and one there. Noe sure if Ramsay Health will do a permanent sponsored employee visa.
There is some information in Booklet 5 on the circumstances in which DIMA will consider waiving the age limit. I can't recall the absolute age limit - it may be 60 - and in that case you may have a chance, especially for RSMS. Where are you planning to live?

Otherwise you need to plan for permanent residence through the Contributory Parent visa in due course, assuming you qualify. A permanent ENS or RSMS visa will work out a lot cheaper.

You may want to get some professional advice from an agent who regularly deals with ENS/RSMS cases.
Old Feb 6th 2007, 7:06 pm
Annabella

Thanks again JAJ,

this was our plan actually, if I cant work towards a PR visa then we can always try to go down the CPV route (though I know it will cost). I've downloaded and printed off Booklet 5 and I'll peruse it at my leisure. We plan to be on the Gold Coast as thats where my daughter lives and of course thats where the job offer is too.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:18 am
JAJ
Retired

Thanks again JAJ,

this was our plan actually, if I cant work towards a PR visa then we can always try to go down the CPV route (though I know it will cost). I've downloaded and printed off Booklet 5 and I'll peruse it at my leisure. We plan to be on the Gold Coast as thats where my daughter lives and of course thats where the job offer is too.
Gold Coast may not be eligible for RSMS. An age waiver may be possible under ENS too but get professional advice. If age is a real issue on ENS you may have to consider something in northern NSW which is RSMS eligible.

Bear in mind that if you do come on a temporary visa you cannot expect any "guaranteed" route to permanent residence. Unless and until you are granted a permanent visa (and visas can be refused for a variety of reasons) you need to be prepared to go home.