Any nurses aiming for/working on Tassie?

Old Feb 6th 2007, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough
Question Any nurses aiming for/working on Tassie?

Hi,

I am waittng for my skills assessment to come from the ANMC. I have been waitng for 7 weeks so far. Then I intend to apply for a Skills Matching Permanant Visa.

I have had a good browse around this brilliant forum but cannot seem to find a nurse who has gone/ is going to Tassie.

I work in Orthopeadic Post Op Extended Recovery/HDU as a night sister. I also bleep hold for an additional 6 wards and "do" all the exended roles open to us in the UK.

However..... I do not have a diploma/degree etc just the olde fashionned RGN Qualification. Will this be a hinderance?

Plus I would like to work in Launceston General Hospital. Anyone work there?

Cathy
Old Feb 7th 2007, 2:20 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any nurses aiming for/working on Tassie?

Originally Posted by cathy_rainbow

However..... I do not have a diploma/degree etc just the olde fashionned RGN Qualification. Will this be a hinderance?
Shouldn't be a problem. Skill Matching is a good visa provided you are prepared to commit to living in TAS for 2 years.

One point to check : make sure you are working 20+ hours a week. You need 6 months qualifying work experience for Skill Matching and this catches out a lot of nurses.
Old Feb 7th 2007, 9:12 am
Forum Regular

cathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the roughcathy_rainbow is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by JAJ
Shouldn't be a problem. Skill Matching is a good visa provided you are prepared to commit to living in TAS for 2 years.

One point to check : make sure you are working 20+ hours a week. You need 6 months qualifying work experience for Skill Matching and this catches out a lot of nurses.
Hi,

Thanks for that. I works 26.50 hours a week at the moment and have been working as a qualified nurse since 1985.... as I have got older, my hours have got less!!

Cathy
Old Feb 12th 2007, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

Exclamation Re: Any nurses aiming for/working on Tassie?

Oh no!

Now I am really worried!

Is there something wrong with Tassie (having spent 10 days there I couldn't see anything wrong!)

or, is there something wrong with the LGH?

I surely can't be the only nurse thinking of moving to Tassie can I????

Cathy
Old Feb 12th 2007, 2:44 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Oh no!

Now I am really worried!

Is there something wrong with Tassie (having spent 10 days there I couldn't see anything wrong!)

Not many migrants go to Tasmania. But it's a nice place and if you feel it's for you, then go for it.

After 2 years you can always move to another state if you want.
Old Feb 12th 2007, 9:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to allsunflower7 is a name known to all

Oh no!

Now I am really worried!

Cathy
I know a nurse went to Tassie, from WA, but a community nurse. So no help to you I'm afraid. Tassie is meant to be lovely, hoping to visit myself sometime. There are people on here who have done reccies if you put it in search.