AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Old Mar 27th 2016, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

Tashylou is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: AHPRA form finally sent /TImeline will be updated

Hi everyone, Happy Easter!
I've been keeping up to date with all your posts and they are extremely helpful, thank you.
Our 189 EOI can be logged in 7 weeks!!! Eeek!
I've been in contact with a hospital in Melbourne who have advised I start my AHPRA ASAP!
I have been putting it off due to the fact I need a reference from my current employer and I'm worried if I tell them my plans, things will change. Ive found on AHPRA that it's statements of service they require and I've found the template which can be completed by HR. I wondered if I requested this and sent it with a job description if it would suffice? Has anyone supplied just this and gained registration?
Thanks in advance!
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

wc112 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not sure. I was dreading asking work for a statement of service but they were very understanding. I think it has to be your manager. Just wondering, can u apply for an EOI without having AHPRA?
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

I think I may just have to bite the bullet and ask her for one and then deal with the consequences :-( it just seems like nothing will happen for months!
Yep appears so I've got a positive ANMAC assessment, we are doing it via an agent so they are dealing with that end.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tashylou
I think I may just have to bite the bullet and ask her for one and then deal with the consequences :-( it just seems like nothing will happen for months!
Yep appears so I've got a positive ANMAC assessment, we are doing it via an agent so they are dealing with that end.
Good luck!! It is nerve wrecking but if u play it down, that u are thinking of maybe heading to Oz in the future...I need to do ANMAC also was waiting for AHPRA so I could do the modified assessment but maybe I could do it now?! Although I don't have the academic IELTS...
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:30 am
Forum Regular

Yes exactly, I've mentioned it numerous times that I'd love to go travelling. I suppose this is something to look forward to this week � ����� ����� ����� ����� ���� fingers crossed, what's the worse that can happen, and there is light at the end of the tunnel! ANMAC seemed a doddle compared to AHPRA! What visa are you hoping to get? Is there much price and effort difference between a full and modified assessment? O yeah, you do need the academic ielts but only 7s compared to the 8s required for a 189.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

Yes exactly, I've mentioned it numerous times that I'd love to go travelling. I suppose this is something to look forward to this week � ����� ����� ����� ����� ���� fingers crossed, what's the worse that can happen, and there is light at the end of the tunnel! ANMAC seemed a doddle compared to AHPRA! What visa are you hoping to get? Is there much price and effort difference between a full and modified assessment? O yeah, you do need the academic ielts but only 7s compared to the 8s required for a 189.

Not sure about the price difference but if I do the modified then i don't have to do the English exam. I'm hoping to apply for the 189 visa. I'm just peeved because I did the general exam as told by the Australian embassy but looks like I might be as well doing the academic, especially as AHPRA will only be confirmed once I go to them in person.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

I had to do both, I stupidly didnt revise so I got over 7s on academic but not 8s. So sat the general one too! Can you do modified with an in principle registration?
Old Mar 27th 2016, 12:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

You do not need 8's for a 189 application - you need to prove a minimum of competent English (all 6's on IELTS) which can be achieved with a UK passport.

There are however 20 points available for a score of all 8's which some people need to reach the required points total to be able to apply for a visa - which is a separate issue.
Old Mar 27th 2016, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry I meant for additional points! Hope I didn't confuse anyone :-(
Old Mar 27th 2016, 12:16 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry I meant for additional points! Hope I didn't confuse anyone :-(
Not to worry - was just clarifying for anyone else reading

And I was about to edit to add that skills assessments can specify higher than DIBP standard - so nurses need academic IELTS all 7's as a minimum.
Old Mar 28th 2016, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

ICHC Police check for AHPRA completed and paid for :-) will ring the NMC tomorrow and approach the boss for the reference � ���� Going to email the university now but trust me to start things over a bank holiday/school holiday!!! Doh!!
Old Mar 29th 2016, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

ICHC Police check for AHPRA completed and paid for :-) will ring the NMC tomorrow and approach the boss for the reference � ���� Going to email the university now but trust me to start things over a bank holiday/school holiday!!! Doh!!
NMC have a form you fill in online, they then send you the paper application form.

Do not worry about telling your manager, nothing should change at work, just tell them you are thinking about it and even if you were to do it, it is still a long way away.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 7:33 am
Forum Regular

Susan41658 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi! I don't mean to put you off and I know mgreaves said things shouldn't change at work but just thought I'd give you a heads up, things did change for me. My manager isn't a very supportive person anyway but when I asked for my statement of service, the next day people were asking when I was leaving, I wasn't included in opportunities such as study days because she felt there wasn't much point, even though I asked for it in January and told her I wouldn't be leaving until at least October.

I'm currently doing a preceptorship which I should complete before I leave and she was complaining how much money they'd spent to put me on it, eventhough they knew when I was a student that I wouldn't be working there very long due to moving and to be honest, she's hardly spoken to me since. It might not be the same for you but I just thought it might help to hear my experience incase you get the same
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:19 am
Forum Regular

mgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond reputemgreaves has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susan41658
I wasn't included in opportunities such as study days because she felt there wasn't much point, even though I asked for it in January and told her I wouldn't be leaving until at least October.

Not much you can do here, myself and my partner had the opposite experience though, when I told my manager (I am finance not NHS) the first thing he started talking about was how we can make the most of my time left to develop both myself and my role. My partner (the nurse) told them and has since been put on her mentorship and also applied for and received a promotion to Sister.

Originally Posted by Susan41658
I'm currently doing a preceptorship which I should complete before I leave and she was complaining how much money they'd spent to put me on it
You should be on a study contract and if you leave early you have to repay, that was part of the agreement my partner had above, and is normal practice regardless of if you stay or leave in her trust. if your trust have not done this then that is their fault!
Old Mar 30th 2016, 8:30 am
Forum Regular

Susan41658 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mgreaves
Not much you can do here, myself and my partner had the opposite experience though, when I told my manager (I am finance not NHS) the first thing he started talking about was how we can make the most of my time left to develop both myself and my role. My partner (the nurse) told them and has since been put on her mentorship and also applied for and received a promotion to Sister.

You should be on a study contract and if you leave early you have to repay, that was part of the agreement my partner had above, and is normal practice regardless of if you stay or leave in her trust. if your trust have not done this then that is their fault!
It's completely their fault. I completed my final placement on the same ward and was honest from day one that I wanted to leave and go to Australia eventually but they still took me on and put me on the course. There is nothing in my contract about paying back and a colleague who was on the course with me has already left and has not had to repay anything back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.