Advice about RSMS please.

Old Jan 16th 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice
Default Advice about RSMS please.

Hi everyone! I've been looking at this website for a good few months now and i am so grateful to all the advice that people have posted, my knowledge of visa's and the whole process is so much better now!

I'm looking to emigrate after I have qualified (1 year to go yet)
I thought the RSMS was a really good idea for me as i would get Perm residency, but i've just realised that you can't go to the main cities with this visa.

I wanted to go to the Perth area, but if i have this right (please correct me if i'm not right) I can only go to towns further out of Perth such as Bunbury and Madurah. So, can i only apply to hospitals in these areas? I've read through this visa and i still can't work this out. Its probably a really daft question but i can't find much advice from anyone who has done the RSMS already. If this doesn't work out i think my only other option is the temp 457 which i wanted to avoid if possible.

I would be very grateful for any advice!! Cheers Lucy
Old Jan 16th 2008, 8:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice
Default Re: Advice about RSMS please.

Originally Posted by lulabell
Hi everyone! I've been looking at this website for a good few months now and i am so grateful to all the advice that people have posted, my knowledge of visa's and the whole process is so much better now!

I'm looking to emigrate after I have qualified (1 year to go yet)
I thought the RSMS was a really good idea for me as i would get Perm residency, but i've just realised that you can't go to the main cities with this visa.

I wanted to go to the Perth area, but if i have this right (please correct me if i'm not right) I can only go to towns further out of Perth such as Bunbury and Madurah. So, can i only apply to hospitals in these areas? I've read through this visa and i still can't work this out. Its probably a really daft question but i can't find much advice from anyone who has done the RSMS already. If this doesn't work out i think my only other option is the temp 457 which i wanted to avoid if possible.

I would be very grateful for any advice!! Cheers Lucy
Hi Lucy,
I looked at this visa ages ago and yes I afraid you are right in that you can't go to the major cities of Australia with this visa.

If you can go on a 457 your employer might offer you and ENS after 12 months. Alternatively after 12 months experience you will have the options of Skilled PR visas - this is dependant on your points at that time.

Mark
Old Jan 17th 2008, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

lulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nicelulabell is just really nice

I thought that was the case, thanks very much for the reply. I think it will have to be the 457 as i really don't want to stay here and work for a year. What visa are you going on then, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again
Old Jan 17th 2008, 4:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

cheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nicecheshiremark is just really nice

Originally Posted by lulabell
I thought that was the case, thanks very much for the reply. I think it will have to be the 457 as i really don't want to stay here and work for a year. What visa are you going on then, if you don't mind me asking? Thanks again
I only qualified in May 2006 so don't get the extra 10 points you can get for having 3 years working experience in the last 4. Adding my points together gives me 115 so I'm just 5 points short from the magic 120.

I've got offered a potential job with Queensland Health and I'm just waiting for a firm offer. They want me there on a 457 but I would much prefer to go on a 175. Now I can get an extra 5 points for having a formal job offer so I will then have 120 points. Since they want me there on a 457 I am at present thinking of applying for both at the same time. The only problem with this though is that a 175 is a off shore visa and I cannot be on Australian soil while the final decision is made so we're thinking of taking a holiday to NZ at that time before returning to oz, hopefully, with a PR visa
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:26 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cheshiremark
Hi Lucy,
I looked at this visa ages ago and yes I afraid you are right in that you can't go to the major cities of Australia with this visa.

You can go to Adelaide.

Also quite a few smaller cities, eg Canberra, Geelong.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JAJ
You can go to Adelaide.

Also quite a few smaller cities, eg Canberra, Geelong.
Well obviously I didn't so my research as well as I thought I had

I've done abit more searching on IMMI's website and found a full list of places this visa allows you to go in Australia

Australian Capital Territory
Entire Territory

New South Wales
Except Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
2250 to 2251 - Central Coast
2256 to 2263 - Central Coast
2311 to 2312
2328 to 2411
2420 to 2490
2536 to 2551
2575 to 2594
2618 to 2739
2787 to 2898

Northern Territory
Entire Territory

Queensland
Except the greater Brisbane area and the Gold Coast
4124 to 4125
4270 to 4272
4307 to 4499
4517 to 4519
4522 to 4899

South Australia
Entire State

Tasmania
Entire State

Victoria
Except Melbourne metropolitan area.
3211 to 3334
3340 to 3424
3430 to 3649
3658 to 3749
3778 to 3781
3810 to 3909
3921 to 3925
3945 to 3974
3981 to 3996

Western Australia
Except Perth and surrounding areas.
6041 to 6044
6083 to 6084
6121 to 6126
6200 to 6799

Mark

Last edited by cheshiremark; Jan 18th 2008 at 3:07 pm.
Old Jan 18th 2008, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Wow, sounds like you've been looking into this for a while! Hope you get sorted soon! New Zealand wouldn't be bad for a holiday, its a lovely country, i like it alot! I suppose you can go to quite a few places with the RSMS, will have to have a good think about it! Thanks alot for all the advice.