adelaide hospitals?

Old Feb 19th 2008, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

lancs nurse is an unknown quantity at this point
Default adelaide hospitals?

has anyone any info on adelaide hospitals which are the best to worki in, location, etc thanks Any info on Repatriation Gen
Old Feb 20th 2008, 2:09 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of
Default Re: adelaide hospitals?

Originally Posted by lancs nurse
has anyone any info on adelaide hospitals which are the best to worki in, location, etc thanks Any info on Repatriation Gen
Hi there, everyone seems to have a different opinion.
Personally, I worked at a private hospital, south of the city, in their ICU. Not bad, money OK.
Had some dealings with the public hospital next door, enviroment not as good, but staff patient ratio better.
Repat is suppose to be nice.
jacqui
Old Feb 20th 2008, 6:52 am
Forum Regular

jam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nicejam76 is just really nice

Hey Guys, you might remember my post on 'why does no one mention Adelaide'...

Well my OH came off nights yesterday and got a phone call which woke her with a start...it was Burnside Hospital who has invited her for a job interview!! She is an oncology nurse and they are currently recruiting in this field amongst a few others. Hence to say she never got back to sleep!

I'm really happy for her and Ive got everything crossed she gets an offer and they have said provided her references check out they will offer her a job on the day all being well and good with the interview itself!

Happy days!

Clare2be (i noticed you have posted on the adelaide-brits website also...have you taken the plunge and applied? If you have then good luck to ya. I noticed you're from Manchester to, where abouts?)

Oh S/Nurse... whats your opinion on Burnside?? Seems like a lovely hospital from viewing their website and its close to the CBD to. (Well i'll be needing a job to so I'm hoping to get one in the CBD) I know about the usual debate with Private and Public but is it so different? Well besides pay that is...
Old Feb 20th 2008, 8:20 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jam76

Well my OH came off nights yesterday and got a phone call which woke her with a start...it was Burnside Hospital who has invited her for a job interview!! She is an oncology nurse and they are currently recruiting in this field amongst a few others. Hence to say she never got back to sleep!

I'm really happy for her and Ive got everything crossed she gets an offer and they have said provided her references check out they will offer her a job on the day all being well and good with the interview itself!

Happy days!

Clare2be (i noticed you have posted on the adelaide-brits website also...have you taken the plunge and applied? If you have then good luck to ya. I noticed you're from Manchester to, where abouts?)

Oh S/Nurse... whats your opinion on Burnside?? Seems like a lovely hospital from viewing their website and its close to the CBD to. (Well i'll be needing a job to so I'm hoping to get one in the CBD) I know about the usual debate with Private and Public but is it so different? Well besides pay that is...

Congrats to your OH.
I don't really know much about Burnside but i will ask around.
Public and private are different, it is obvious when you have worked in both. For me it was the lack of staff and financial management issues. No senior doctor available for a MET call, shocking as the patients pay a lot of money in health cover and they have no idea of how much risk they put themselves at.
I used it as a stepping stone, a lot of nurses have burned out.
good luck
jacqui
Old Feb 20th 2008, 5:13 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jam76

Happy days!

Hi yes it is me!! I have an interview in manchester for burnside and another the same day for royal adelaide
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

carrie77 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ozzieclare2b
Hi yes it is me!! I have an interview in manchester for burnside and another the same day for royal adelaide
Hi Clare,

im jamie's better half ! I couldnt send you a private message as apparantley you have to of posted at least 3 items and im new to the forum. We have been considering moving to Oz for ages and recently decided to take the plunge and start applying for jobs. At first we were thinking of Brisbane but the more research i done the more Adelaide started to grow on me. If you get offered both jobs which one will you take? Im really looking forward to my interview and im praying i get the job. Ive been working in oncology since i qualified so im hoping that im in with a good chance. Good luck with your interview let me know how you get on. Will be able to pm you once ive posted a few items
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 7:56 pm
looking for my marbles

ozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to beholdozzieclare2b is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carrie77
Hi Clare,

im jamie's better half ! I couldnt send you a private message as apparantley you have to of posted at least 3 items and im new to the forum. We have been considering moving to Oz for ages and recently decided to take the plunge and start applying for jobs. At first we were thinking of Brisbane but the more research i done the more Adelaide started to grow on me. If you get offered both jobs which one will you take? Im really looking forward to my interview and im praying i get the job. Ive been working in oncology since i qualified so im hoping that im in with a good chance. Good luck with your interview let me know how you get on. Will be able to pm you once ive posted a few items
hi no probs x. not sure really which job to be honest. I would ideally love community but have only a little experience in this area. Im after family friendly hours so which ever comes out best but dont mind going back to hdu as its great experience