Questions about...everything really!

Old Feb 19th 2008, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

dgmack80 has a spectacular aura aboutdgmack80 has a spectacular aura aboutdgmack80 has a spectacular aura about
Default Questions about...everything really!

Hi all!

Just been offered a position on a graduate program in Perth, WA, heading out there on an Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS). I also got an e-mail the other day saying that my nomination by the hospital is being processed and that the i will be getting more information as to what to do shortly.

The only thing is i've been scouring other peoples posts and i'm starting to have serious doubts as to whether i'll have enough time to do everything! I'm due to start on the 21st July but haven't started getting all the other bits together, i.e. applying for skills assessments from anmc, verifications of qualifications by NMC, WA registration, transcript of nursing etc. Will all this take too long or do i still have time. I'm just not sure what order i should be applying for all these things, i'm getting conflicting advice from a number of sources! Someone really should write "The complete idiots guide to nursing in Australia", i'd be at the front of the queue buying it!

Also, does anyone know if i have to do the English language test given that i've done 2 degrees in Scotland, both using the English language?

Really would appreciate any help/advice

Cheers!

Donnie
Old Feb 20th 2008, 9:07 am
...feeling hot hot hot!!!

wannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud ofwannabauzzienurse has much to be proud of
Default Re: Questions about...everything really!

Originally Posted by dgmack80
Hi all!

Just been offered a position on a graduate program in Perth, WA, heading out there on an Employer Nominated Scheme (ENS). I also got an e-mail the other day saying that my nomination by the hospital is being processed and that the i will be getting more information as to what to do shortly.

The only thing is i've been scouring other peoples posts and i'm starting to have serious doubts as to whether i'll have enough time to do everything! I'm due to start on the 21st July but haven't started getting all the other bits together, i.e. applying for skills assessments from anmc, verifications of qualifications by NMC, WA registration, transcript of nursing etc. Will all this take too long or do i still have time. I'm just not sure what order i should be applying for all these things, i'm getting conflicting advice from a number of sources! Someone really should write "The complete idiots guide to nursing in Australia", i'd be at the front of the queue buying it!

Also, does anyone know if i have to do the English language test given that i've done 2 degrees in Scotland, both using the English language?

Cheers!

Donnie
Hi Donnie, I would suggest the first thing to do is get your WA registration organised (no visa will be granted until you have a registration), all the forms are there to download from the WANB website. You'll need to get the NMC to send verification to them. Another thing you will need to submit with your visa application is a police check, this takes a couple of months to arrive so do it asap. The forms you need are available from your local constabulary website, HERE'S a list of all the police forces and do a search for 'subject access', that is the form you will need.
I've just appplied for ENS (currently on 457) and was advised that the ANMC skills assessment was not necessary but maybe that's because I'm already here working. Probably a good idea to seek advise from your sponsor about that.
Not much else you can do until you get the visa nomination number, you'll need that before you can send the application off.
Also if you haven't got the application form yet download it from the DIAC website, it comes with a check list so you can see what documents you need to submit etc
Good luck

Last edited by wannabauzzienurse; Feb 20th 2008 at 9:09 am. Reason: link didn't work
Old Feb 20th 2008, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

lyndsay123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi dgmacl80,
i cant answer your question im afraid but i was just wandering if you could answer a couple for me?

i am hoping to get a place on a graduate course early next year, i qualify dec08, i was just wandering when did you qualify? how long before you qualified did you apply for the grad course and how did it work, did you have to have a telephone interview?
i think i am going to apply in july this year for the start of 2009 course but just curious as to what happens after you have filled out the online application!
sorry to be a pain!!
thanks

Lyndsay
Old Feb 22nd 2008, 10:02 pm
Just Joined

suzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dgmack80
Hi all!

Cheers!

Donnie

Hi Donnie,
I have just been granted a 121 ENS visa from the Perth office, I think you need to clarify if you need a skills assessment to apply for your visa. If it is a permanent visa as the 121 is you will need a skills assessment. However if you are going for the four year working visa you will not need a skills assessment.
Once you know this you can get on your way with doing stuff, if you are going for the 121 visa you will need to apply for you skills assessment first. All the documents needed for the skills assessment are the same as what are needed to register with the nursing board in the state you are going to be working. The ANMC (who do the skills assessment) will at your request send all your documents on to the nursing board you wish to register with.
A 121 visa takes a lot longer to get than a four year
working visa (457) so my guess is the hospital are nominating you for the latter and in that case you wont even need your skills assessed. Oh wow sorry i bet this made no sense what so ever. Sorry if your more confused now.
I will stop now.
Suzanne