Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Your Valuable advice - Skilled Migrant Visa : Skill Shortage - New Zealand

Your Valuable advice - Skilled Migrant Visa : Skill Shortage - New Zealand

Old Sep 11th 2021, 12:53 am
Just Joined

aspirations.ankur is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Your Valuable advice - Skilled Migrant Visa : Skill Shortage - New Zealand

Hi,

I am from India and applying for a Skilled Migrant Visa for New-Zealand and and seeks your valuable guidance to resolve some of my queries:

1) I have a Mechanical Engineering Degree in my Graduation but my experience is in Software Testing Field.
Both Mechanical Engineering and Software Testing are in the Long Term Skill Shortage List with Codes 261314 and 233512.
However, as per the experience in Software Testing field, my graduation degree of Mechanical Engineering did not qualify for the Requirements as mentioned in the attached Annexure of Long Term Skill Shortage Requirement

In case, I mention Mechanical Engineering, then my experience does not match.

So, What do you suggest in this regard?
Shall I mention Mechanical Engineering to get a degree validated and get the 15 extra points and make no difference?
Please suggest ?

2) Is the experience from India will now be counted as an experience in the comparable market and I will get the required points ?

3) Is it the right time to submit the EOI or do I need to wait ?
I am asking because due to Covid the draws are not going on as of now and I don't want to lose the payment fee while submitting the EOI as the EOI holds only for 5 months ?

FYI - I am getting 160 points and If the answer to question 1 is positive, then I can get 15 extra points for skills shortage.

Please guide me
Old Sep 11th 2021, 2:39 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Valuable advice - Skilled Migrant Visa : Skill Shortage - New Zealand

India is not a comparable market as per https://www.immigration.govt.nz/form...ork-experience
And you also say that your degree did not match the requirements.
It will be a long time, I believe, before they open up to new applications as there seems to be a huge backlog with the ones they had already recvd.
Old Sep 11th 2021, 4:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond reputeBo-Jangles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Your Valuable advice - Skilled Migrant Visa : Skill Shortage - New Zealand

Your work experience has to align with your qualification in order to gain any points - I doubt you will be able to gather enough points without experience in Mechanical Engineering. Even if you had the experience I suggest you hold onto your money until we have a better idea of how things are heading with immigration and economy as everything is on hold currently.
Old Sep 13th 2021, 10:05 am
Just Joined

aspirations.ankur is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you so much for the quick response in this regard.