Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Your shopping list - gifts from the UK

Your shopping list - gifts from the UK

Old Jan 30th 2007, 8:25 pm

dreamfish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Your shopping list - gifts from the UK

Originally Posted by sky
That's a lovely offer but I just couldn't take advantage of you like that. Just make sure you supply yourself with about five years worth of M&S knickers cos you won't get anything like over here
you wouldnt be taking advantage - dont be silly
Old Jan 30th 2007, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

soulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nicesoulflour is just really nice

ooooh - surely then that's a business opportunity?

"Sky's strings - the sky's the limit"

or something
Old Jan 30th 2007, 10:06 pm

Nerine is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by soulflour
I don't get this underwear thing - i've found loads of fab stuff, and not expensive either! farmers stock Bendons, (or is it Bredons?!) which is just as good as m&s in my opinion.... I guess i can only speak for my size and shape though!

But just to say to anyone worried that you might LIKE the underwear here

sf
Have to agree with you there, Farmers is about the same as M&S for underwear, and may be a bit cheaper too. For really good quality stuff I usually top-up whenever I go to Oz.
Old Jan 31st 2007, 8:00 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

What a lovely offer you have made Dreamfish

I hope you are getting yourself stocked up for when you arrive. You may as well as not if you have a couple of bob to spare.

We had to make a sudden dash back to the UK recently but took a couple of hours to have a bit of a wander round the shops. Now I don't 'do' shops at all but I have to admit it was wonderful to be dazzled by the selection and choice back there. Not just that - the prices ! Goodness me , so cheap for good quality . Thats not to mention the stuff you can get off the markets.

Good advice to stock up on your fave underwear for the both of you. I have to admit that we did this as the stuff was right there in front of us . I've not found similar quality here yet & we know the M&S items, for instance, will last for more than two minutes or a few months washing . Good value.
Couldn't resist some of the clothing items in the supermarkets either. Especially as the sales were on coz it was just after Christmas. I did this with books too . Even posting a few back.

We have a great network of friends and family back in the UK, so we regularly receive little parcels of 'treats' through the post. One pal of mine sends me one brand new book of my choice once a month or so via surface mail.I'm a complete bookworm & I find good books to be very very expensive here . I enjoy owning quality books.
The libraries and 2nd hand bookshops are OK but not up to date. There can be weeks of waiting for an item, so my friends offer is a literary lifeline to me.

We brought back galaxy chocolate for friends that have been here for years. Not my thing at all but its what they fancied - it was the only thing they fancied

A little of what you fancy can do you the world of good and make you feel great. Dreamfish can help this happen for someone here and I think thats just great.

Karma your way.
Old Feb 1st 2007, 9:21 am
Galaxy 1: Cadbury's 0

uk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeuk+kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
We brought back galaxy chocolate for friends that have been here for years. Not my thing at all but its what they fancied
It's my all time favourite everyday ( ) chocolate.

It's taken me a while to realise that most other chocolate, to me, is a complete waste of fat and calories. So now I only eat Galaxy, Ferrero Rocher or expensive individual chocolates at special events such as Xmas etc.

I have a close friend who is allergic to chocolate. Great for her figure (model-like), but what a shame to miss out on such a simple, second to orgasms, pleasure in life.

Hmm galaxy - none in the house but off to make a coffee.

Last edited by uk+kiwi; Feb 1st 2007 at 9:24 am.