Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are you having problems with the BE site please?

Are you having problems with the BE site please?

Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:11 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Are you having problems with the BE site please?

Here is an update
Friday 2pm NZ time

Originally Posted by JuCo
The tech team has moved the server to a machine with much more space. It's unclear whether that will solve the problems. The tech department will continue to monitor the site and will be posting more follow-ups as their work continues.
I'm hoping that it will solve the problems for us all. Let's see what tonight brings.

I found the site to be reasonable during the NZ day yesterday but come the late evening & night , the site pages simply hung and at one point I was unable to access the site at all. I did manage to get on at one point, quite late, but the site was way too slow so I logged off.

Today, so far, the speeds seem fine. 14.10pm NZ time
Old Jun 13th 2008, 2:24 am
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

Here in the middle of nowhere in the East Coast of NI I've had no problems whatsoever, ever
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:30 am
`

Originally Posted by bourbon-biscuit
Here in the middle of nowhere in the East Coast of NI I've had no problems whatsoever, ever
Nice to know
Old Jun 13th 2008, 3:36 am
`

Originally Posted by IbbyTee
Today, 3:22 pm

Site performance --after 12th June 2008

As I've noted HERE, we've made some relatively drastic changes to the site's server architecture today.

I'm starting THIS THREAD IN SITE FEEDBACK as a place for your tech feedback subsequent to these changes, as I believe a new thread will help us filter out issues related to the former setup.

Thanks to all of you who take the time to clue us in as to how the server is performing in your part of the world.
However, if it is quicker and easier to post up any problems here , do so and I will pass them on best I can & direct IbbyT to read your posts.

Thanks
BEVS
Old Jun 15th 2008, 4:08 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if this is to do with the ongoing issues BEV, but it's being very slow uploading my replies, to the point that I click 'submit' again and then it tells me that there is a new reply, which is mine.
Old Jun 15th 2008, 7:07 pm
Forum Regular

nic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to allnic.gem.soph is a name known to all

Hi, I can't go into any of the WiKi sites..... but then I might just be doing something wrong?

Nic
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:50 pm
`

It seems the Wiki is off-line at the present time.
SEARCH is also not working correctly.

Posts can seem to 'hang but if you open a new tab the post will be entered and there on the thread

Some people are not receiving their email notifications for threads they have subscribed to, or for PMs.

I believe the IB tech team are currently monitoring .
Old Jun 15th 2008, 9:52 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Not sure if this is to do with the ongoing issues BEV, but it's being very slow uploading my replies, to the point that I click 'submit' again and then it tells me that there is a new reply, which is mine.

same here
Old Jun 16th 2008, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
same here
goes for me as well by and large...
Old Jun 16th 2008, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS here
Some people are not receiving their email notifications for threads they have subscribed to, or for PMs.

I believe the IB tech team are currently monitoring .
Hi Bevs, I'm experiencing the above problem, no email notification and slow uptake on new replys.
Thanks
Old Jun 16th 2008, 11:57 pm
`

Copy of the announcement update posted today. 17th June 08

Originally Posted by JuCo of Internet Brands.
Update from Internet Brands - June 16, 2008

Members of British Expats,

We are aware of the serious site performance issues you’ve been struggling with. This is a system-wide situation that many of our sites are experiencing. Our tech team is working hard to diagnose the problem and, as some of you have mentioned, this is a process that can take some time. We understand that this is very frustrating. We appreciate your patience as we working hard to identify the problem and find solutions.
We will be posting in "Site Feedback" with updates as they are available.

Thank you.
JuCo
Old Jun 17th 2008, 4:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Email updates appeared again today..thank you Bevs
Old Jun 17th 2008, 10:55 pm
`

It wasn't me J19fmm. It was the IB tech team .All we can do is continue to flag the problems.

There still appears to be problems with page hang following a post and the search function is not working correctly.

Todays announcement from IB.

Although dated 17th June , it appeared 18th June NZ time.

Members of British Expats,

We are continuing to struggle with serious system-wide issues. The tech team is still working to find solutions to the site performance problems. We understand your frustration and thank you for your ongoing patience.

Thank you,
Internet Brands
JuCo
Old Jun 22nd 2008, 9:22 am
BE Forum Addict

Hey Bevs, me again, not receiving updates by email for the last 2 or 3 days now. Seemed to be sorted for a while but gone t*ts up again. Thanks
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 9:52 pm
`

Is this working for you yet J19fmm ?

It's working for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.