Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Are you having problems with the BE site please?

Are you having problems with the BE site please?

Old Jun 11th 2008, 6:31 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Are you having problems with the BE site please?

As per the announcement made by Internet Brands, there have been some issues following the server migration.

It could help the IB tech and IT people to have some feedback as to any problems that are being experienced & if they have now been resolved at all.

For instance, I have had intermittent problems logging onto the site from here in NZ and also with pages being slow to load and sometimes even to hang. Today the search would not work for me .

IB are doing everything they can to iron out the problems but it would be helpful if people could report what problems they may be having with using the BE site and when the problems occur. The more info , the better for the guys on the sharp end of sorting it all out.

If you have had problems using BE or our NZ forum of late please accept many apologies and don't give up. Please stick with it and normal service should be resumed a.s.a.p.
Help , advice and a friendly word or nine is still the main aim here.

Thanks
BEVS
Old Jun 11th 2008, 7:45 am
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are you having problems with the BE site please?

Having problems with the connection,saying server not responding.Has happened quite a few times in the past week or so. Also,pages taking long time to load,or not loading at all. Much the same as you Bev.

Phyllis
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:16 am
BE Enthusiast

tillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to beholdtillysmum is a splendid one to behold

Yep most days there is some time I cant get on. usually for a couple of hours:curse: ie last night around 10pm it went off for around 2 hours
Sometimes when I do eventually get on pages are incredibly slow to load. sorry just seen this ifs for the New Zealand forum
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:24 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

This is my 3rd attempt at a reply to this thread each time I hit the Submit Reply I get server not found and returned to login-

This is a problem I have hit on many occasion over the past 2 weeks, the time of day and number of people viewing site does not appear to make any difference.

Hope this helps
Pauline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:26 am
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Think I deserve a medal for perserverance
Pauline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:45 am
lionheart

The server was reset while this page was opening - how could I have forgotten that message. This has also been a major problem tonight.:curse:

Pauline
Old Jun 11th 2008, 8:54 am
Buzzy Bee Mad

Beetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of lightBeetrooper is a glorious beacon of light

Hi it has taken me ages to get on today on my laptop at home BE just would not load at all just hanging whereas at work just now it came back to me with a database error.
However I logged on again and got on with no problems - but for me it seems very intermitent with whether you get on the site or not at present
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:02 am
`

Originally Posted by howden40
Think I deserve a medal for perserverance
Pauline
I can only offer karma which I have just given

Thanks for keeping with it.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

I find it very, very slow at the moment. It was fine until a few days ago. Perhaps, it's the adverts which are slowing it down. I also find that pink advert at the top very irritating because it moves around so much.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

shirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond reputeshirl has a reputation beyond repute

I too am having problems, server not responding, slow, hanging etc.
Old Jun 11th 2008, 9:40 pm
`

Thanks all for taking the time to make a post about this. It really does help the IT techy guys to get an overview of the extent of the problems being experienced around the globe.

Anymore for anymore out there?

JuCu of IB gave an Update Thread into the Site Feedback section earlier on.

Originally Posted by JuCo
Site problems 6/11/08
Just an update this morning with the status on all the site slowness and outages. The tech team has been working to address the serious problems. The tech department is meeting this morning to find solutions and will have an update later in the day. We sincerely apologize for the serious problems and thank you for your patience as we work to solve them.

JuCo
(Internet Brands)
Originally Posted by IbbyTravel
Today we're going to be reconfiguring how the servers access the data from the hard disk. The question that we need to resolve this morning is whether we're able to fix the shared drive that the site is using, or if we should just move the site to a single, beefier server for the time being. I'll check back in when we've crossed a Rubicon on that front.
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:56 am
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute

I'm just glad it was BE and not my work connection! I was getting a bit paranoid there that it was about to be listed as a restricted site!!
Old Jun 12th 2008, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Tracy24 will become famous soon enough

Hi

I'm having terrible problems getting onto the site.. I know its the server for the website as when I try to get into any other website I have no difficulties whatsoever. It's a real pain, but I'm sure it will be sorted soon

Tracy
Old Jun 12th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

IngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond reputeIngStina has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I usually try to log on between 6-7 am Pacific, before going to work but this last week I have been unable as it comes up server not found or simply does nothing. Getting on later I get the odd page which has a header but the rest of the page is either pink or blue. Clicking back or refresh usually rectifies this problem. Kristina
Old Jun 12th 2008, 10:23 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Driving me nuts!!! :curse: Can get on ok it seems during the day. But come the evening it won't connect to the BE site - I get a google list of alternative suggestions, like the web address doesn't exist! And I'm using the drop down list to click on the link so its not like I've typed it in wrong (you know when you start typing and it gives you a list of all the www.b... things you recently been on to select from). If I do manage to get the BE site up I can't connect by clicking the New Zealand link. I just get a message saying try another link. I try clicking on the latest thread and sometimes this will get me to that thread but if I then click on new zealand link from that page so that I can view list of all threads I get a error page that gives me the option to refresh or use the back button. So basically the only thread I can view in the evening is the post recently answered thread. I've tried clicking on other forum links, like Canada, and again it won't connect.
During the day it can be really slow and hangs but at least I can navigate round the various threads eventually.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.